Threaded View

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Please find the below requested response and other details.

First we need to understand why the client disconnects, do you have a server log showing both the first and second session? No. I will try to find one share it you as soon as possible.But i have attached the two browser information image.

Its happens on IE8 browser. I believe it’s happening when there is no activity on the browser. User open the application and left the browser for some time ideally.

Why browser is disconnect and reconnect again? How do we prevent this? Is there is a anyway to set timeout for connection? like don't create the new connections for 7 hours.
    (Assuming you're using the latest version of the client library) Once the connect method is called the client will always make the best effort to ensure that there is a streaming connection available. As soon as a disconnection occurs the client will try to reconnect to the server. Yes it does. It reconnect successfully with in 2 or 3 sec. but we have loosed all the events in between connect and reconnect.

To stop the reconnections you must call the disconnect method. How do we do this? I don’t understand this. Can you please share some sample on this?

As per what happens to the updates while the client disonnect/reconnects, is probably more a logical problem than a practical one and it depends on many factors:
    How long the client remains disconnected – I believe it’s probably 2 or 3 sec.
    Whenever there are other clients subscribed to same items or not – Yes in many case.
    The Subscription mode - DISTINCT
    The snapshot configuration - True

And also I here with attached some sample client side code, Version numbers ..etc for your reference.

Please take a look at this and let me know how do we proceed further?

Regards
    Suresh N
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE8-Browser-Open.JPG 
Views:	1044 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IE8-Browser-IssueOccured.JPG 
Views:	1020 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	124  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by snatarajan; December 31st, 2012 at 11:02 PM.