itemHandle isn't available in Java Remote Adapter

Hi Everyone,

I am going to implement a java remote adapter to send messages to specific client subscriptions (similar to Lightstreamer-example-Messenger-adapter-java). However, by implementing "com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.DataProvider" the override methods didn't provide "itemHandle" to identify different client subscriptions. Could someone give me a pointer as to what I should be doing?

Regards,
    Last edited by ivanlo; June 1st, 2024 at 02:37 PM.

Administrator
    Hello, I confirm that the interface for Java Remote Adapters is similar but different from the interface of Java in-process Adapters.
    In fact, the need for communication with the Server via TCP makes some optimizations not feasible.
    Among them, the use of handles to identify items; hence the "com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.ItemEventListen er" interface simply identifies the items through the item names.
    You can find an example of a Java Remote Adapter here.

Note that the Messenger demo also shows how the Metadata and Data Adapters communicate with each other. This is also done differently with Remote Adapters.
    A remote version of the Messenger example was not provided, but the available Remote StockList demo includes custom code that starts both a Metadata and a Data Adapter and connects them to Lightstreamer Server.
    So, this allows the two Adapter objects to see each other (even though in the StockList demo they don't need to communicate).