Hi Giuseppe,
1-I have a firewall on the server im working on that i cant disable so i can't really test the lightstreamer server i'm running with ssltest. Doesnt me telnet localhost 8081 which is where my server is prove that server is running fine?
2-i have ls-client-2.5.2.jar and lightstreamer server 7.2.2
3-Its always the same error.

4-For now I have a Lightstreamer client already functional that is receiving data from a "source" that is have no control of. This source i want to replace it with my own lighstreamer adapter and using the lighstreamer server.
Im using one of your stocklist adapter for now combined with the server just to see if connection happens. Does having an incompatible client/adapter can cause the connection to not being established?

5- I dont know how handshake between client and server work here. I have localhost with port, user and password matching client and lightstreamer_conf.xml. I've disabled SSL in lightstreamer_conf.xml. Do i need to send something? you said "it seems that both sides are waiting for a network packet from the other side"

6-there are 2 ports in lightstreamer_conf.xml(ive chosen port 8081 and 8888), what is each used for?

7- Here is the beginning of the logs from lightstreamer.log I dont know how to attach the lightstreamer.log to this thread
Thanks for the help