What is better - many NVTables or one NVTable?

Hi

picking up architectural responsibility for a Flex app that consumes stock quotes from Lightstreamer Vivace. Previous guy has set the app up so that one NonVisualTable is used to subscribe to a group of 10 stocks. If user wants to unsubscribe from one of those 10 in the group, the NVT is unsubscribed, then a new one is created with now only 9 stocks... meaning user sees disruption in the streaming prices for 9 stocks they feel havent been touched.

I want to change this so one NVT is associated with only one stock. So when user want to subscribe to 10, we get ten NVTs... but crucially if they want to unsubscribe from 1, the other 9 subscriptions keep working.

Is there any particular architectural advantage to having one NVT for a group of stocks?
    I'd much rather thave a one to one relationship, but am worried I might be missing some obvious advantage to having groups for one NVT...

thank you in advance for any pointers or insight you can share
    kind regards
    Adrian

Power Member
    Hi,

yes using 10 NVTs is perfectly legal and correct. It has only a minor disadvantage related to the number of subscriptions (you have to subscribe to 10 tables instead of one).
    Anyway the library is optimized to reduce such overhead automatically batching subscriptions together so you can safely move to the single-item approach.

HTH

Thanks Mone