BlackBerry OS compatibility

Hi,
    I have been finding a lot of errors while trying to see LightStreamer demos using a Blackberry with OS 4.6 and 5.0. The demos won' work. They work only for BB OS 6.0.
    I tried looking at the BlackBerry application demo and there is a "connection refused" error, and I can't make it run, even with OS 6.0.

Can you supply more information about BlackBerry OS Issues?

Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Can you confirm that you have run Lightstreamer BB Demo on your local installation and in that case you have experienced problems only with old versions of BB?
    Then you have tried to run the online demo at www.lightstreamer.com, but with connection issues?
    Or is it the other way round?

Let's keep the cases separated for now.
    Note that the demo midlet tries to connect to push.lightstreamer.com on port 8888.
    Is it possible that firewall restrictions come into place in the second case?

Administrator
    Or perhaps, in the first case, you are just working with the BlackBerry browser and trying to see the html demos working on that browser?
    In that case, I confirm that only BB OS 6.0 is supported, as clarified in the Requirements page.

Thanks, Dario
    I confirm I was trying to look at www.lightstreamer.com with BB OS 4.6 and 5.0.(As I describe on this post: http://www.lightstreamer.com/vb/show...ght=blackberry )

About the Blackberry Demo, I install the demo (http://www.lightstreamer.com/demos.htm#BB_StockRTDemo) on my BlackBerry's simulators (with OS 4.6, 5.0 and 6.0), and I get different error description: 1)Error: Connection refused, and 2) connection timeout. I am able to install it correctly, set the permissions and see the stock table (which is very red, btw). But the numbers don't change from 0, and the label doesn't change from "Connecting".
    I have my firewalls and antivirus shutdown.

I just want to confirm browser compatibility (as you already did) and if LightStreamer apps in Blackberry work fine regardless of BB OS.

Thanks,
    Ulises

Power Member
    Hi,

the software itself should be compatible with the various OSes but a proper configuration of the device is needed and a change in the application code may be needed:
    as on the basis of the device-contract-configuration a different kind of connection is needed (see http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ts/ta-p/482457 ) we externalized the decision on which kind of connection have to be made by exposing a ConnectionProvider interface. We offer an example implementation with our demo but changes may be needed to let it run on all environments.

Did you have wifi enabled on your simulators?
    Did you have the BlackBerry MDS service started while running tests?

Hello All,

When I run the application which is designed using the 4.5 and 4.7 makes the the keyboard open always, the display size is reduces to curve other areas displayed as blue in color

Can any one tell me the reason and solution for this
    any programmatic way to do this.

Power Member
    Hi,

are you talking about our application?
    are you sure that the Lightstreamer libraries are involved in your problem? It sounds strange as our library does not interact directly with visual elements;

If our library is not involved I suggest you to try asking on a BlackBerry support forum as they will be much more likely able to help you.

HTH.