Command mode and SetItemsRange (paging large NonVisualTable)

It seems to me that SetItemsRange is supported in MERGE mode but not COMMAND mode, is this right? (web client Version 4 Revision: 24327)

I'd like to do paging on my COMMAND mode NonVisualTable both because our UI updates are slow for >100 items and because even without the UI attached Lightstreamer processing updates is taking a decent chunk of CPU.

Since the main issue is the UI, I could try a few things:

1 Setting max frequency - if I could set the frequency across the whole command table that would be good, but it is applied to individual items, sot he effect is minimal as we have around 1 update every couple of seconds per item bursting up to 3 or 4 a second per item.

2 Without the max frequency - i could bulk update the UI grid every second or so, but i'd rather do that above the ui tier.

3 Paging with other subscriptions - subscribe to COMMAND with only key and command fields, then subscribe to a subset of items by those keys as though such a subset was a page. I read this solution elswhere on the forum (it is how MultiDynaMetaPushTable works?) and it sounds quite feasible.

The quickest solution, however, would be if setItemsRange worked for me. if anyone has any info on using pagination in command mode, please let me know

Cheers.

Administrator
    I confirm that setItemsRange does not apply to keys managed by a single item in COMMAND mode:
    it only applies to first-level items which belong to the same "group" (i.e. which are subscribed to as a single table), hence, typically, to items in MERGE mode.

As in your option 3, we also suggest using a two-level subscription policy for highly updated COMMAND mode items, which is what the MultiDynaMetapushTable implements.
    However, even the MultiDynaMetapushTable, when paging is configured through setMaxDynaRows, does not implement on-demand subscriptions for the second level items based on whether or not the key is currently on display.

Hence, the paged second-level subscriptions should be managed by application code, in a way that could be similar to our Grid Demo, but more complicated, if you can expect insertions and deletions of items in the middle of the page.

Alternatively, in order to put an overall limit to the update flow, you could try setting a bandwidth limit on the session.

Thanks Dario, that's as I thought.