Thread: Client in C/C++

Client in C/C++

i want to develop LightStreamer Client in C/C++, need example+guidance....thks

Administrator
    For C++ within the .NET environment, you can take advantage of the .NET client library.

For C/C++ outside the .NET environment, we haven't provided any guidance yet.

If Objective-C is an option, you may try to analyze the source code of the iStreamLight project (which is targeted to the iPhone, though).

Administrator
    Obviously, I assumed you had already found the "DOCS-SDKs\sdk_client_generic" directory and the included "doc\Network Protocol Tutorial.pdf" document.
    This document illustrates the protocol to be obeyed by clients written from scratch.
    This SDK is only included in the "Allegro/Presto/Vivace" version of Lightstreamer, which can be run through an evaluation license.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    For C++ within the .NET environment, you can take advantage of the .NET client library.

For C/C++ outside the .NET environment, we haven't provided any guidance yet.

If Objective-C is an option, you may try to analyze the source code of the iStreamLight project (which is targeted to the iPhone, though).
    i want to make it platform independent,

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    Obviously, I assumed you had already found the "DOCS-SDKs\sdk_client_generic" directory and the included "doc\Network Protocol Tutorial.pdf" document.
    This document illustrates the protocol to be obeyed by clients written from scratch.
    This SDK is only included in the "Allegro/Presto/Vivace" version of Lightstreamer, which can be run through an evaluation license.
    yes, but an example would be a great point to start with.....

I am looking for a way to write a c program to connect to a lightstreamer server? any suggestions...?

Administrator
    Hi andres1,

We plan to release an official C++ library in the near future, but honestly it's not expected in the very short term.
    So at the moment you have to implement the TLCP protocol, at least for the features your application needs.
    Please take a look at this documentation https://www.lightstreamer.com/api/ls...client/latest/ with the specifications of the protocol and practical example of client-server interaction.

Regards,
    Giuseppe