Lightbulb Allowing third party websites to access LS host

My company runs a Lighstreamer host that publishes some public information - e.g, delayed FX prices.

The LS host is: push.mycompany.com

I would like websites hosted on other domains to be able to subscribe to these prices.

Eg: www.affiliate-one.com/fx_prices.htm contains a table that should be populated by the prices from the LS server at push.mycompany.com

Is this possible given the same-origin-policy restrictions implemented by browsers?

Power Member
    Hi,

unfortunately you can't do that directly due to the cited same origin policy.

In any case if the owner of affiliate-one.com registers on his own DNS a push.affiliate-one.com host that points to the IP of push.mycompany.com then he can use such push.affiliate-one.com as push server host so that the browsers will not complain.

Is this an acceptable solution?

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

I assume that another option would be to have www.affiliate-one.com connect using the Flash client; and then ensure that push.mycompany.com has a permissive crossdomain.xml

Power Member
    yes of course you can use any other client library without such restrictions.

Note that we have two flash oriented libraries (see http://www.lightstreamer.com/products.htm)

the one called "SDK for Flash Client Development" uses the web client library as "network layer" so that the same origin policy still applies with it

the other one, "SDK for Flex & AIR Client Development", uses the Flash player network layer so that you can configure the crossdomain.xml file to make it work across different domains.

HTH

Thanks.

One last question. When getting affiliate-one.com to set up push.affiliate-one.com pointing to push.mycompany.com; is a CNAME DNS entry sufficient?

I ask, because we use round-robin DNS to load balance between two LS instances.

Power Member
    yes, to configure a CNAME record is enough