Administrator

New Dojo Demo based on LightstreamerStore

Building on a long-standing collaboration between SitePen and Lightstreamer (Weswit Srl), SitePen created the new LightstreamerStore. Based on the new Dojo Toolkit 1.6 Object Store API and the latest Lightstreamer preview releases, it is intended to make streaming data from a Lightstreamer server super-simple for developers. SitePen also updated the existing Lightstreamer + Dojo Toolkit demo to demonstrate this simplified interface. The demo visualizes the data returned in real-time from Lightstreamer using both the Dojo DataGrid and Dojo Charting. Charts display the “normalized last price” to more easily visualize changes in prices.

The new LightstreamerStore is planned for release in version 1.7 of the Dojo Toolkit. Preview versions are now available with the current development trunk of the Dojo Toolkit.

>> Read more: http://lightstreamer.blogspot.com/20...sing-dojo.html

>> Check out the demo: http://www.lightstreamer.com/demo/DojoDemo/

Cannot make the demo work

Hi Alessandro,

I've been trying to make that demo work, with no positive results. After following the installation steps, are there any additional steps to make it work?

I saw in other forum that the guys from SitePen will be creating a new demo with dojo, but I'm not sure if that is still valid.

Can you share any comments?

Thank you,

Chris

Administrator
    Hi izelpii,

I confirm we are finalizing a brand new version of the Dojo LightstreamerStore, together with two demos. We will release everything public on GitHub quite soon. So, perhaps it's better if you wait for the new code, even if the old one should definitely work.

If you are in a hurry and need the new code earlier, please drop an email to support@lightstreamer.com and we will help you.

Cheers,

Alessandro

Power Member
    Hi!

We've deployed the new version of the demo and the new version of the store online.

demo live
    demo sources
    LightstreamerStore sources

Please note that the lightstreamer-store repo on github was renamed today; until the Dojo Package Repository is updated you will not be able to install the lightstreamer-store package using cpm.

HTH

new demo not working

Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    Hi!

We've deployed the new version of the demo and the new version of the store online.

demo live
    demo sources
    LightstreamerStore sources

Please note that the lightstreamer-store repo on github was renamed today; until the Dojo Package Repository is updated you will not be able to install the lightstreamer-store package using cpm.

HTH

Thanks for getting this update completed so quickly. I think I have all the appropriate files but cannot get the demo to run locally on my machine with the interface with banners and buttons appearing but nothing else. Here is what I have as far as the files needed and the setup:

C:\Lightstreamer_Moderato_5_0_Colosseo_20120803\Li ghtstreamer\pages\demos\DojoToolkitDemo

index.html
    index.js
    doc.js

folders: js - dgrid, dijit, dojo, dojox, putselector, xstyle, lightstreamer_namespace.js, LightStreamerStore.js
    img -image files
    css - demo.css

the puzzling thing is that I do not get any errors in firebug when running it.

Power Member
    Hi,

I think you're using an old version of the demo, is it possible?
    In the current version there are no img or css folder nor doc file; also the index files are located in the src folder.

Please try starting from scratch downloading the sources from https://github.com/Weswit/dojo-lightstreamer-stocklist and following the instructions in the readme file

Hi,

thank you so much for your efforts. I installed the latest version, but definitely I think it needs some tweek. Right now, I can see only the logos and controls, but not the data below it. I followed the instructions as close as possible. For example, the sources talk about the js folder, but the index.html file links everthing directly as if all files should be in the same folder.
    I tried both, but none of them work.

I'm installing it on a ubuntu machine.

I also installed the lightstore library manually, as the installer fails, but I saw the note about it not working right now. The lightstore js is there, but I'm not sure which file is calling it, as I don't see it included in any of the files. Maybe the error is there?

I also say that the file that gets the data points right now to your public server. I changed the initialization call (lsClient?) to point to my server, with no results. The other demos are currently working on my server.

BTW, your demo is the first result while googling real time dojo, so I guess you are seeing a lot of traffic.
    Thank you,
    Last edited by izelpii; October 6th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Hi to all,

I just spent a couple of hours in this, and finally made it work.

What can be added to the tutorial is the following:

1) Install all the dojo libraries in the same directory as de them:

drwxr-xr-x 7 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 02:50 dgrid
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 63 2012-10-06 01:37 dgrid.js
    drwxr-xr-x 14 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 01:37 dijit
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 53 2012-10-06 01:37 dijit.js
    drwxr-xr-x 20 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 11:36 dojo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 52 2012-10-06 01:37 dojo.js
    drwxr-xr-x 69 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 01:28 dojox
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 chris www-data 3526 2012-10-06 12:08 index.html
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 chris www-data 17112 2012-10-06 12:10 index.js
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 237788 2012-10-06 01:22 lightstreamer_namespace.js
    drwxrwxr-x 2 chris chris 4096 2012-10-06 12:09 lightstreamer-store
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 193 2012-10-06 01:37 package.json
    drwxr-xr-x 3 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 02:48 put-selector
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 61 2012-10-06 01:37 put-selector.js
    drwxrwxr-x 2 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 01:50 resources
    drwxr-xr-x 5 chris www-data 4096 2012-10-06 01:37 xstyle
    -rw-r--r-- 1 chris www-data 55 2012-10-06 01:37 xstyle.js

2) create a directory called lightstreamer-store, and place there the Lightstreamerstore.js file

3) modify index.js to point to your server:

line 258
    var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient("http://yourserver.com:8080","DEMO");
    where 8080 is the port where your lightstreamerserver is working the other demos.

Power Member
    Hi,

my apologies, I wrote js folder everywhere while I meant src folder, so yes, your are correct.

I'm going to correct the readme on github.

As per point 2, it should not be necessary as soon as the package repository is fixed, I wrote to the dojo guys as I'm not able to fix it myself through the submit. In the meanwhile I add a zip here containing the files as them are when downloaded by cpm.

I didn't think about point 3, I'll add a note.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files