Quote Originally Posted by Mone
such notification does not exists; which kind of error do you get from the jquery plugin?
I got:

Code:
terminating; too few slides: 0
which means somehow the class for the slideshow is there, but the data (the divs to be rotated) isn't yet there. This is my bug, not yours

Even if an element is detached from the page it still exists; is it searched on the document by jquery during the animation?
This is good news This whole concept of having DOM elements there but detached is new to me, I am not used to programming Javascript But it makes sense. jQuery seems to find only stuff that is in the DOM and visible (found out by having a closer look ). So when something new gets added (and I get onChangingTable for that specific field), I have to stop and start the slideshow, so that the new item also gets animated.

I am also a bit lost regarding what happens when. I have spend quite some time debugging. For example this seems not to work:

Code:
visualUpdateInfo.setStyle('codeshare','pflight slidetarget','pflight slidetarget');
 if (slidenum == 0) { // first slide in dom
  $('.slidetarget').cycle({ timeout: 3000, cleartype: 1, speed: 400 });
 }
the plugin doesn't seem to be able to "catch" the newly inserted slide.

If I do:

Code:
if (slidenum == 0) { // first slide in dom
     setTimeout(function(){
         $('.slidetarget').cycle({ timeout: 3000, cleartype: 1, speed: 400 });
     }, 1000);
}													}
it works better. Sometimes it was working with as little timeout as 50, sometimes 500 is not enough.

Does this make any sense? Or am I seeing ghosts?

You may also try to use the MetapushTable (that has an OnRowUpdate callback) or a NonVisualTable (calling its setCommandLogic) binded to a jquery grid (an example based on merge mode is available here: http://www.lightstreamer.com/demo/jqGridDemo/)
I might do that. The thing is I am using regular HTML for the Lightstreamer table for now, and jQuery only for the animations. But I have already had a quick look at the jqGridDemo, and I might switch to that. Does it make any difference?

Thanks,
Emese