Push data based on url parameter

Hello

I've a problem with getting url param in the adapter.
    For example:
    user1 access http://localhost/test.jsp?id=1
    user2 access http://localhost/test.jsp?id=2
    And the data that push to browser is depends on the parameter id.

How to get the param id in the adapter?

Thanks,
    Semua

Power Member
    Hi,

as you're using a jsp file I guess that on localhost:80 you have a servlet container handling requests. Is this correct?

there are many ways you may want to handle the id parameter; I suppose that in your case the id represents an item to be subscribed to. In that case you may let your jsp create (server side) a piece of javascript code that in turn creates (client side) a Table using such id as group.

The final code generated by your jsp will be something like this:

obviously you may use a different Table class (see APIs) and also need the code to handle the Lightstreamer connection to the server, the handling of the data and so on...
    Please refer to our demos and to the client APIs for details on how to implement a complete client. You may also want to check the Web Client Dev.pdf that comes with our distribution under LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_web/doc (or LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_html/doc on newer versions)

HTH

Hello,

Finally, I can get the param value, thanks for the clue

Btw, to push the data to client, in the push server is running a timer in periodical time.
    For example, if push server is accessed by 1000 users, it cause 1000 timers/thread running in the server. The data that push to every user is different, depends on his profile.
    Does this method cause a performance degradation?

Thanks,
    Semua

Quote Originally Posted by Mone
    Hi,

as you're using a jsp file I guess that on localhost:80 you have a servlet container handling requests. Is this correct?

there are many ways you may want to handle the id parameter; I suppose that in your case the id represents an item to be subscribed to. In that case you may let your jsp create (server side) a piece of javascript code that in turn creates (client side) a Table using such id as group.

The final code generated by your jsp will be something like this:

obviously you may use a different Table class (see APIs) and also need the code to handle the Lightstreamer connection to the server, the handling of the data and so on...
    Please refer to our demos and to the client APIs for details on how to implement a complete client. You may also want to check the Web Client Dev.pdf that comes with our distribution under LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_web/doc (or LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_html/doc on newer versions)

HTH

Power Member
    obviously all the load in the adapter is load on the server process.

you may want to optimize the thread usage using java.util.concurrent classes

also, if the data is not completely user-customized but you simply have different users that can see different sets of data you may want to use the getItems method to translate the id with the set of items the user can see ( set of data -> item ).

In any case you may want to check that the id a user is subscribing is his own. You can implemt your MetadataProvider to do such checks