Problem in running demos when custom dataadapter is copied in Adapter folder

when i installed & configured LightStreamer my demos are running properly, after that i have created DataAdapter using .NET and configured in adapter folder, that application is also working fine. if i try to run demo when my .NET adapter is running then demos are working fine, but when i stop the .NET dataadapter and try to access the demo pages then it not running the demos.

I just removed my .NET Adapter from the adapter folder then restarted the Server then my demos are working fine. I know that demos should be removed once we develop full working DataAdapter. but still i have doubt why its behaving like that.

Power Member
    well, that's certainly strange;
    are you using the robust version of the remote adapters (RobustNetworkedDataProvider and RobustNetworkedMetadataProvider) or the simple ones?

Can you see the client sending requests to server when the demos are not working (you may use firebug on firefox to check that) what does the server answer?
    what do you see on the server log when the demo are not working?

Check the attached log file, 1st i ran the server and then accessed demo page, i got the following error [http://www.mydemos.com/demos/stocklistdemo]
    Code:
    Unable to connect
              Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mydemos.com.
    2nd time i ran the server & .NET adapter, then default demo pages and my custom page is also working check the log file attached with this thread.
    adapters.xml which i haved used to run my .NET dataadapter

code that i modified in misc.js which is located @ LS_Folder/pages/MyRnD/commons/custom"
    Code:
    pushPage.context.setDebugAlertsOnClientError(true);
      pushPage.context.setDomain("mydemos.com");

lsEngine.connection.setLSHost("push.mydemos.com");
          lsEngine.connection.setLSPort(null);
          lsEngine.connection.setAdapterName("MYRND");

pushPage.createEngine("RemoteDotNetCommonEngine", lsLibPath, "SHARE_SESSION", true);
      } else {
        pushPage.seekEngine("DemoCommonEngine", existingMasterRef);
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folderstructure.JPG 
Views:	878 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	92  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Power Member
    hi,

you can see in the log that the first time you launched the server it never started listening for client connections, that's why firefox wasn't able to connect to it.

in your first run you didn't start the .NET adapter but you did not remove the java adapter that was waiting to act as a bridge between your remote .NET adapter and the server, so the server didn't finish its startup process as it was waiting for all the configured adapters to finish their startup processes (the java code that waits for .NET remote adapter is a java data adapter)

It is possible to let such java adapter declare itself started (and so releasing the server from waiting) using the RobustNetworkedDataProvider instead of using the NetworkedDataProvider.
    If interested see LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_adapter_remoting_infrastructure/conf/sockets(robust)/adapters.xml inline comments for details.

after changing the adapter_class to RobustNetworkedDataProvider, it worked fine