Lightstreamer with extjs

Hello,

I am pretty new to lightstreamer and I am trying to understand which way to go to implement an ext-js grid together with lightstreamer.

I have converted StockListDemo_Basic sample into an ext-js grid; but updates are not reflected to grid cells. I am guessing this is because ext-js grid has a complex html structure compare to StockListDemo_Basic's original HTML matrix which consists of basic html table and divs within it. So Lightstreamer js scriptas are not able to find the cells and gives an "ER addTable No cells defined for table stocks" error.

What would be the best way to implement this? I have seen a few people are updating the grid's store and refreshing grid. But that might be problematic for me if I need to do some style changes on the cells which are changed with the updates.

Also there are ItemNameDescriptor class, would that be able to tell lightstreamer how to find the cells to update.

Any answer will be much appreciated...

Regards,

Otake

Power Member
    Hi,

what you need to accomplish is to put our divs (the ones that contain the source="lightstreamer") inside your grid cells. If such divs are on the page's DOM when you call the addTable method than the library should not have any problem finding them.
    You could improve performances with a ScreenTableHelper, but this does not affect functionalities...just performances.

Please note that with the current version of the web client the source="lightstreamer" divs are substituted with new divs when you perform the addTable call. If this is a problem note that the next version of the web client that should be released before the end of the year will fix this strange behavior.

Please check also this thread and the extjs forum.

Let me know about your progress.

Administrator

Unhappy

Thanks for the replies.

Just to let you guys know about my progress; mapping DIV elements with Item Ids didn't work for me. When I create a simple HTML, OverwriteTable was able to update my html page, but it wasn't able to update my DIVs when they are inside an Ext grid.

But using NonVisual table has solved my problem; I am basically refreshing my grid after each update now but I will make sure my grid only refreshes itself on some certain intervals. I will try to implement the logic of highlighting grid for changes on this interval as well. I will let you guys know about these steps..

helo everyone and lightstreamer team.... I am new to this forum too...
    I just wana start my discussion by saying this that I really liked the response of the admin staff towards the newcomers and the problem / question raised by the users... I really like this and thanks admin for the thread links....... u guys doing gud job

Power Member
    thanks steve.

let me add that the note on my post:

Please note that with the current version of the web client the source="lightstreamer" divs are substituted with new divs when you perform the addTable call. If this is a problem note that the next version of the web client that should be released before the end of the year will fix this strange behavior.
    is now obsolete; divs are not replaced anymore.