SingleConnection

Hi,

I am developing LightStreamer client for a device that supports only 1 active network connection from the client at any given time.
    I need connection to talk to LightStreamer Server and in between i need a connection to talk to some other website.
    So, is there any way, i can pause the lightstreamer connection without loosing the session and messages that were sent until the lightstreamer connection was paused.

Thanks,

Administrator
    You cannot pause a streaming session asynchronously;
    however, by forcing polling mode, you can have multiple connections separated in time which refer to a single session.

Note that you should configure synchronous polling, not asynchoronous (aka long) polling (which is the default); see setIdleTimeout.
    In fact, with long polling, as long as no data is coming, the connection is kept open and other outbound requests will have to wait.

By setting a low polling time, the data delays can be kept small.

Consider that when a non-Lightstreamer-related request occupies the single connection slot, the next polling request may be delayed and the session may be kept waiting by the Server for longer than the expected polling timeout;
    hence, you should configure the <session_timeout_millis> on the Server in a suitable way.