Thread: GWT Demo

Hybrid View

Administrator

Smile GWT Demo

An integration demo of Lightstreamer and Google Web Toolkit (GWT) is available:

Hi Alessandro,

Gwt integration with LS is working quite well. Congrats to the author .
    Imagine i want to embed some flash in my gwt application, which also will use LS to receive data. I will need to change the NVT with FlashBridge wrapper of ls library, right? But i need NVT, because it is used to update the rest of the gwt app with messages.
    So, is it possible to change this gwt lib to use flashbridge and nvt at the same time?

Regards.

Power Member
    So, is it possible to change this gwt lib to use flashbridge and nvt at the same time?
    on the javascript side the code to use the FlashBridge is just one line, all the subscription/update handling logic is done on the flash side:

(see http://www.lightstreamer.com/docs/cl...#FlashBridge() )

so it should be easy to add it to a GWT application. Obviously you also have to put the appropriate flash object on the page.

On the other hand you can't exploit a single subscription to fed both your NonVisualTable (js) and your FlashTable (as) so you'll have one subscription per *Table object.

An alternative would be to use the adobe's FABridge to directly pass updates from the NonVisualTable's update handler to your flash object. I see there is also a GWT version of such bridge: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-fabridge/

HTH