Handling disconnection of lightstreamer.

Can you please suggest how to handle disconnection of LightStreamer in browser? When Lightstreamer was closed, I got the LightStreamer status as ''stalled" and then it will goes to the status "Connecting". And also when LS was not get started, I want to intimate that. Shall i use timer for this case? Or any other function is available to check that?

Administrator
    Lightstreamer Server does not try to notify all the connected clients about its own closure, hence the clients will just find out later that either the current connection has been interrupted or that the next connection attempt fails.
    The web client library always assumes that the Server unavailability is temporary, so it tries to reconnect.

It is not clear to me whether or not, in your case, it is possible that the Server gets closed and is not replaced by a new instance. When you say "LS was not get started", do you mean that issues may occur during startup or that you may deliberately not restart the Server (or something else, of course)?

When you say "LS was not get started", do you mean that issues may occur during startup or that you may deliberately not restart the Server (or something else, of course)?
    It was the another situation, Whenever LS not run on the server, If the users try to login means, intimate the users with alert message. How to resolve this?

Administrator
    I confirm that the web client library makes no assumption about the unavailability of the Server and just keeps retrying to connect.
    At application level, you can leverage onStatusChange or getStatus and check how long the Engine remains in "CONNECTING" state with your own timer;
    if needed, you can switch to "DISCONNECTED" state, then issue an alert.

Flex Client disconnection handling in browser

Hi,

To achieve net disconnection alert, where we can implement onStatusChange and getStatus method at client level in Flex client. any hint or example would be of great help.

Administrator
    Hi mhasan,

Please could you refer for your question to my reply in this thread?

Thank you,
    Giuseppe