create_session related issue.

I experienced session been recreated during each process within a few time gaps.
    Can u help me about to know when create_session.js. would be called
    and will it also be triggered during stalled state?

I need to have my session active for 24 hours, what should be done to solve this..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sathya.A

Administrator
    The sessions have no time limit.
    If you see that the client reopens a session, it must be because the previous one has been closed for some issue. Apart from a Server crash, such an issue would be related to the single client, not to the Java Adapter.
    A too long stalled state may cause session termination and reopening.
    A resume of the possible state transitions for web clients can be found in the documentation for onStatusChange.

So, you should first identify the cause of your disconnections, then see if you can prevent them.

Thanks for your reply.
    If you see that the client reopens a session, it must be because the previous one has been closed for some issue..
    Shall i know the issues for the close? Because LS was running on the server. I think there is no crash. Without closing the previous session it was automatically create new session(but not always).
    Apart from user disconnect(logout) the session from browser, What are all reasons for disconnection of a session?

A too long stalled state may cause session termination and reopening.
    A too long time means? I didn't get any data from LS for a long time (app. 1hour,2hours...5hours also). Is it the reason for LS disconnection?

Administrator
    To summarize, a session can be closed directly by the Web Client Library for internal reasons when:

A) a pending streaming connection is unresponsive for too long (the STALLED case).
    This does not mean that no data is coming, because the Server would send keepalive messages in that case.
    The related timeouts are configured through setTimeoutForStalled and setTimeoutForReconnect.

B) a reconnection, either during a polling or a streaming session, fails or times out.
    The connection timeout cannot be configured.

C) the client is processing updates with increasing delay.
    The involved timeout cannot be configured, but the check can be disabled through setSlowingEnabled, though this is not recommended.

The root cause for these issues can be of various types and is usually located on the client machine (high CPU usage, for instance).
    In some cases, the cause can be inferred through a check of the Server log (the logging is under improvement to this purpose).

Thanks for your reply.
    The related timeouts are configured through setTimeoutForStalled and setTimeoutForReconnect.
    setTimeoutForStalled default value is 2 sec. But what would be the maximum value for it?

Power Member
    hi,

there is no maximum value, but note that that's the time the user will wait with no data before being notified that something is wrong with the connection