Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power Member
    Hello,
    Now I have an issue like when the user close the tab that time session and connection automatically managed by lightstreamer. But when I check in my windows server currPorts in 8080 lot of connection in Time Wait and Close Wait status. Could you please let me know how the connection properly close in LS adapter or LS server. Because If connection in Close Wait or Time_Wait means lot of resources are using and getting memory leak and high CPU usages. So Please let me know the proper way to avoid this issue.

Administrator
    Hi Vinoth Kumar,

You could call explicitly the disconnect() method but I don't know if in your client you can properly identify how trigger the call.
    In any case TIME_WAIT and CLOSE_WAIT on the tcp sockets are strongly dependent on any network intermediary like proxies or other devices in the middle between client and server.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Administrator
    Hi Vinoth Kumar,

No, I confirm that no java.exe have to start for each new client connection.
    The picture you attached is quite small, but it seems however that the process id is always the same and therefore correctly all the tcp connections are handle by the same jvm running the Lightstreamer server.

The jvm running the Lightstreamer server listens on the tcp ports defined in your lightstreamer_conf.xml and then for each a client connection a dedicated tcp connection is established.
    You can check the number of tcp connections established managed by the server in the log (MonitorText lines) or in the Monitoring Dashboard.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Administrator
    Hi Vinoth Kumar,

As you can see from the process id column, which always contains the same value, the java.exe process is just only one.
    The situation is correct, as you have to expect a connection established for each client connected to the server.

This is not an issue.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Power Member
    Hello,
    But my server persons are saying there is the cause of the issue is due to the java application that's being run and is creating many connections to the server and not closing them properly. And the servers seems to have usage and there are many "ESTABLISHED" states in 8080 port. They are saying more process in 8080 with established and Time_wait state for java.exe. This only issue to get 100% cpu usages. I need your suggestion and help to solve this issue.

Administrator
    Hi Vinoth Kumar,

But please let me stress out that this is not an issue, it is normal that your server has an established connection for each connected client.
    If you want to handle 50K concurrent clients you have to expect 50K tcp ports established in your server.
    And also a certain number of tcp connections in Time_Wait or Close_Wait is also expected especially if you have a high rate of session turnover, ie sessions that start and end continuously.

Regards,
    Giuseppe