Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lightstreamer suddenly closed frequently

hello,

i have a live session to lightstreamer from 3 adapters at time from 10 AM to 3 PM .and since a short period about 2 weeks, the lightstreamer suddenly closed frequently without any seen exception at time after 2:30 pm. i don't know what is the reason.

this is the link of lightstreamer log file of today. it suddenly closed today at about 2:55 PM.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17C...vPeSRvUToYgkD5

can you show me what is the reason and help me.

Administrator
    Hi,

I checked the log and I can confirm that indeed at 14:36:44 the Lightstreamer server experinced a fatal error in the comunication with one of the Adapters:

26-Mar-18 14:36:42,343|ERROR|rs.remote.data.RemoteDataProvid er|#3 Request Sender |Exception caught while unsubscribing from item 'tickbytick_stock125': Connection closed while waiting for an answer to request d740000016260f71118
    26-Mar-18 14:36:42,343|INFO |mote.request_reply.NotifyReceiver|#3 Reply Receiver |Reply receiver '#3' stopped
    26-Mar-18 14:36:44,265|FATAL|rs.remote.data.RemoteDataProvid er|#3 Request Sender |Asynchronous exception caught: Unable to write on the request stream
    com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.RemotingExceptio n: Unable to write on the request stream
    at com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.request_reply.Re questSender.run(RequestSender.java:136) [ls-proxy-adapters.jar:na]
    26-Mar-18 14:36:44,265|ERROR|LightstreamerLogger.subscriptio ns|#3 Request Sender |Failure invoked by Data Adapter:
    com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.RemotingExceptio n: Unable to write on the request stream
    at com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.request_reply.Re questSender.run(RequestSender.java:136) [ls-proxy-adapters.jar:na]
    26-Mar-18 14:36:44,265|FATAL|LightstreamerLogger.init |#3 Request Sender |Failure in a Data Adapter.

And since you choose non-robust proxy adapters as a consequence the Lightstreamer server shut down.
    To figure out what was the problem is quite difficult but, given the first error message, a hypothesis is that a subscription request (for the Item 'tickbytick_stock125') has caused a crash in the Adapter.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

thanks for reply

what can i do to prevent the lightstreamer shutdown if the probrlem occurs

Administrator
    There are two flavors of Proxy Data Adapter: NetworkedDataProvider and RobustNetworkedDataProvider.

In your case it seems that you are using the first one that explicitly provides not to start listening on the server TCP port until both the request_reply_port and notify_port are connected and shut down Lightstreamer server in case of failure of one of the sockets.
    Furthermore, the RobustNetworkedDataProvider contains some recovery capabilities and avoid to terminate the Lightstreamer Server process. Full details on the recovery behavior are available as inline comments within the example adapters.xml file available here or in the “Lightstreamer/DOCS-SDKs/adapter_remoting_infrastructure/doc/adapter_robust_conf_template” folder.

Please note that in case of Ligthstreamer server version 5.x, the configuration is slightly different (https://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/d...)/adapters.xml).

So, you should consider to switch to RobustNetworkedDataProvider.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

i have 3 adapters

* the metadata as follow:
    <metadata_provider>
    <adapter_class>com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.m etadata.NetworkedMetadataProvider</adapter_class>
    <param name="request_reply_port">6663</param>
    </metadata_provider>

* and the other 3 adapters has :

<adapter_class>com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.d ata.NetworkedDataProvider</adapter_class>

i understand from you that i must change 'com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.data.NetworkedD ataProvider' to 'com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.data.RobustNetworkedDataProvider'

is that true?

and wt i change 'NetworkedMetadataProvider'

Administrator
    Hi,

Yes, and for Metadata you should use:
    com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.metadata.RobustN etworkedMetadataProvider

Please find here (https://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/d...)/adapters.xml) an adapters.xml example for Robust proxy adapters in case of Lightstreamer 5.x.

As already pointed out, the RobustNetworkedDataProvider and RobustNetworkedMetadataProvider contain some recovery capabilities and avoid to terminate the Lightstreamer Server process. Full details on the recovery behavior are available as inline comments within the example adapters.xml file available in the “Lightstreamer/DOCS-SDKs/adapter_remoting_infrastructure/doc/adapter_robust_conf_template” folder.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

where i can set the size of lightstreamer memory?
    may it is the reason cause the shutdown problem?

hello,
    the problem is occured today at 2:41 PM
    the lightstreamer is not shutdown after i do the confg.. but the live streaming is stopped. the adapters may disconnected.

can u see the log file and check what happened at this time?

this is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gzb...z5A1_rRhM/view

the problem is also occured today at 2:35 PM
    it is always occured daily from 2:30 to 2:55 PM
    our session is started from 9:30 AM
    why in this time period

plz help me asap because this problem is affected our clients daily

this is the today log file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ck...Hi_AgkmGjmGK8m

this is the LS screen shows the error:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I6...vEM5QitLTfdZyf

Administrator
    The log shows that the Server suddenly blocks for about one minute.
    See for instance your latest log between 02-Apr-18 14:34:46 and 02-Apr-18 14:35:49.
    It is really a block, because the 2-second periodic LightstreamerMonitorText lines are also missing.

The most common explanation is a major garbage collection. However, the free heap is always very large; this is strange.
    Please ensure that you have set the recommended GC options in the command line in LS.sh or LS.bat, that is:
    -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=1000
    and, just in case, also
    -XX:+UseG1GC

About the memory, you should ensure that the amount of memory allocated to the JVM is not larger than the available RAM.
    The JVM should be smart enough not to use more memory than available;
    but have you set a -Xmx setting explicitly in the command line in LS.sh or LS.bat?
    Or does the JVM share the avaiable memory with other memory consuming processes? For instance with some of the Remote Adapters?

By the way, this issue seems not related with Remote Adapter problems.
    However, when the Clients and the Server try to overcome the block, they put a lot of pressure on the Remote Data Adapters, which seem not able to cope with the amount of subscription requests and begins to answer too late.
    You may evaluate increasing the
    <param name="timeout">
    element in the <metadata_provider> and <data_provider> blocks in adapters.xml.