pause LightStreamer

Good evening,

I have a question.

we need to stop the LightStreamer with no push under certain conditions, i.e. a calendar behaviour.
    We need to stop the Lightstreamer when the data provider is not available.
    At the moment we stop the LS server by crontab. but i would like to know if is there a better solution. We built a data provider that could be called by the Lighstreamer to test if is service time or not. Is it possible to do this?

thanks in advance.
    Bye

Administrator
    Hi Bruno,

Please could you specify if your Adapters are Remote or In-process?
    This because, in the first case leveraging the robust option of Remote Adapters you can simply disconnect and re-connect the Data Adapter according to your service calendar.
    The Lightstreamer server would always be active, but the push is interrupted and the clients can be notified of the situation with a special item.

Instead, in case of In-process Adapters you could add some logic to your Metadata Adapter in order to allow new client sessions and/or new client subscriptions according to your service calendar.

Furthermore, you could also leverage the JMX interface where the stop and start method can fit your requirements.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

thanks a lot, we have the in process adapter, so we will explore the second case.

Bye