lightstreamer_conf.xml

Hi,

till now we are using Lightstreamer Server 3.4.8 build 1398, I wanted to upgrade it latest LS version v. 3.6 build 1463.2.

I observed lightsreamer_conf.xml file has been changed, In LS 3.4.8, license can be set by this property " <license_path>asd_00219B33AE56_Vivace.lic</license_path>"
    but i could not find same property in LS v3.6.

Does it mean there is no need of license in LS v3.3 build 1463.2?
    Pradeep Kr Chahal
    Software Designer
    Expertise in implementing Market Interface, Push technology, Publish-Subscribe Architecture
    pkumar.chahal@gmail.com
    http://www.pradeepchahal.com

Administrator
    You must be referring to the Allegro/Presto/Vivace package.
    The <license_path> element is not included in the basic version of lightstreamer_conf.xml, because the trial license configuration case is evidenced.
    However, it is mentioned in the GETTING_STARTED.TXT file and it available as always.

Yes we are using Vivace package and v 3.4.8 build 1398, since still we are in developing phase and during this period new version of LS has been release, It is better if we keep updating LS interface.

>>The <license_path> element is not included in the basic version of lightstreamer_conf.xml, because the trial license configuration case is evidenced.

I downloaded vivac package only for LS v. 3.6 build 1463.2 not the basic one
    But in this version property " <license_path> " is missing. (link: Download Lightstreamer Allegro/Presto/Vivace)

What should I do so that I can upgrade to new version of LS? Do I need to different kind of license?
    Pradeep Kr Chahal
    Software Designer
    Expertise in implementing Market Interface, Push technology, Publish-Subscribe Architecture
    pkumar.chahal@gmail.com
    http://www.pradeepchahal.com

Administrator
    The Allegro/Presto/Vivace package can be run either through a trial account (configured by the <trial> block) or through a license file (configured by the <production> block, which includes the <license_path> element).
    The default configuration file for the Server shows the configuration for the trial account, while the whole <production> block is omitted;
    it must have been missing when you first installed Lightstreamer.
    Then you, after receiving a DEMO or DEV or PROD license file, must have added the block, by copying it from GETTING_STARTED.TXT, where you found the needed instructions.

So, you should leave your <production> block unchanged and it will be managed.
    However, as you are using a license file, if you haven't received it recently,
    then it won't be accepted by Server 3.6
    Hence, you should ask for upgraded license files, by supplying the details to info@lightstreamer.com