Running Lightstreamer Web Client : Permission Denied

I'm currently writing a web application in ASP.NET 2.0 within Visual Studio 2005 but I'm having trouble getting the sample demo to work within Visual Studio's integral web server.
    I can run the lightstreamer server on its own just fine, and can access the sample demo on port 8080 without a problem.

However, I copied the sample website into a new VS web project and after setting the hostname and port to point at my Lightstream server I started it up. It connects to the LS server without any problem, but no data is coming through. The server continuously starts a new session, reuses a HTTP connection, and then immediately closes the connection. The javascript error on the web client page indicates that the call to create_session.html was returned with a "Permission Denied" error. Any ideas why this might be the case?

Cheers,
    Carl.

Power Member

Cool

Hi cbradbury,

This is probably the most common problem people encounter deploying a Lightstreamer Web Client application using two servers (a Lightstreamer and a Web Server)

The problem is solved with the use of the setDomain method.
    You can refer to the linked JSDoc for further details, btw I advise you to read also the README file placed under LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_web/examples/StockListDemo/ (look for the "External deployment" section) where LS_HOME is the directory where you unzipped Lightstreamer.zip (or Lightstreamer.tar.gz)

Please note that some issues can arise with the setting of the domain. You can find those issues (and relative work-around/solutions) in the "Known Browser Issues" section of the forums.

Hope that helps
    Mone.