SLD_LSCONTAINER 1:11:26:17,312 ER bind Unable to find the engine PROBLEM

Hi
    I have the following problem on Mozilla Firefox and IE, but it does not happen every time on load of the page.
    I have included the js files in the right order, but it still complains some times.
    Can this be because of slow download? The initialization of engine is the first thing i do on page load!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	667 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	61

Power Member
    hi,
    please check out this thread: http://lightstreamer.org/vb/showthread.php?t=591

note that with the latest version of Lightstreamer web client (4.4) the alerts are no more shown, an exception is thrown instead.

Hi
    Thank you but this does not solve my problem.
    I have replicated the issue on my IE 7 browser and then try to delay as far as i can the LS engine initialization. And it did not show the error message. Also it fix the problem for the client that complained, but today he again have the same issue. I have not been doing any new deployments from then. So can this be network latency?

Power Member
    hi,

yes indeed the issue is most likely caused by network latency. Obviously the browser cache could help, but that wasn't the case for your client.

Obviously if the browser gives up loading a file because of the delay there is nothing you can do apart from trying to load it again.
    So you could check that window.Lightstreamer (declared by lscommons.js) and Lightstreamer.PushPage (declared by lspushpage.js) are in place before executing your code and, if not, try to load them again delaying the execution of your code.

I could suggest you to use something like RequireJS to load lscommons.js and lspushpage.js files. I did not try this library myself but it looks promising. Unfortunately it does not state (or I didn't see it) if it retries on failed requests or not.

HTH

Power Member
    ops, since you're using an old version of the library, to check if the js files were downloaded, instead of testing window.Lightstreamer and Lightstreamer.PushPage, you should test window.Context and window.PushPage

Hi
    Thanks for the replies, but the problem happens every time on IE i try to refresh, clear cache ans so on, but nothing helps. I attache the 3 js errors it trows.
    I insert these files in GWT module, so they cannot be not loaded before the engine calls initialize.
    error 1 on line 16
    error 2 on line 17
    error 3 on line 109

Power Member
    Hi dimitran,
    I can't see the screenshot, it seems that it's a wrong link, btw the only way out I see is, before running your lightstreamer-related code, check if the libraries are loaded and if not delay your code and try to load them.

If it's the alert that bothers you, you should upgrade the library or modify lspushpage.js and lsengine.js (the alert call is one of the first things in the code).
    I insert these files in GWT module
    sorry but I don't know what this implies.

so they cannot be not loaded before the engine calls initialize.
    if those were loaded you would not see the "Warning: lscommons.js not included before lspushpage.js" alert. Do you still see the alert right?