Administrator

New Proxy Metadata Adapter with recovery capability is available

Starting from ARI v.1.4 build 42 (which ships with Lightstreamer Server v.3.6) a new Proxy Metadata Adapter has been released, which includes auto-recovery capabilities. In other words, the life cycle of Lightstreamer Server is no more necessarily bound to the life cycle of the Remote Metadata Adapters.

The new Proxy Metadata Adapter class is named RobustNetworkedMetadataProvider.

Below is the template for the <metadata_provider> section of the adapters.xml configuration file, which includes inline documentation of the new recovery features.

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to load robust metadata provider (LS running as a Windows Service):

26-May-10 16:17:01,758 |ERROR|LightstreamerLogger.init |WrapperSimpleAppMain |Error while loading the Adapters
    java.lang.Exception: Unexpected error in Metadata Adapters initialization
    at com.lightstreamer.i.gb.b(gb.java)
    at com.lightstreamer.i.gb.c(gb.java)
    at com.lightstreamer.i.cb.a(cb.java)
    at com.lightstreamer.a.xc.run(xc.java)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.metadata.Network edMetadataProvider.initEmpty(Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/io/FileV
    at com.lightstreamer.adapters.remote.metadata.RobustN etworkedMetadataProvider.init(RobustNetworkedMetad ataProvider.java:76)
    ... 4 more

if I change configuration back to the LiteralBasedProvider it works fine.

Administrator
    The ls-proxy-adapters.jar library that contains RobustNetworkedMetadataProvider should also contain the version of NetworkedMetadataProvider that was compiled together with it.
    So, it seems that your Server configuration contains both the old and the new version of ls-proxy-adapters.jar and the Server loads the old version of NetworkedMetadataProvider. May you please check?
    Note that Lightstreamer Server does not offer ClassLoader separation between different Adapter set configurations.

Dario,

I replaced all ls-proxy-adapters.jar with the same one and it worked. I thought that adapter sets are sandboxed and independant from each other.