Lightstreamer Monitor Console

We would like to monitor Lightstreamer server's performance like number of connections and sessions. What are the meaning of these parameters? Is there any limit for number of connections/sessions in the Moderato version or how to change these limits.
    Thank you in advance.

Administrator
    There are no limits on the number of connections and sessions within an instance Lightstreamer Moderato server.

You can find an explanation of the variables shown by the Monitor Console in section 4.2.1 of "General Concepts.pdf".

Thank you.

New Events/sec and Pre-Filtered Events/sec

I have tried to understand these statistics from the "General Concepts" but still very confused:
    "ITEMS.EVENTS_SEC The frequency of inbound events flowing from all Data
    Adapters, within any Adapter Set, into LS Kernel in the last sampling period. It is
    expressed as events per second.

ITEMS.FILTERED_EVENTS_SEC The frequency of outbound events flowing from
    the Preprocessor of LS Kernel in the last sampling period. It is expressed as events
    per second."

Could you please explain a little more about these statistics regarding performance of the LS server? We're running a LS server which shows the following statistics in the monitoring console:

Items: Total Subscribed: 485; new Events/sec: 512 - 546; pre-filtered events/sec: 512 - 546.

Is there any problem with these statistics and what should I change in the adapter or in client script to improve the performance of the server?
    Thank you.

Administrator
    That means you have around 530 events/sec injected by your Data Adapter into the Lightstreamer Server. Of course that is NOT a symptom of performance issues.

A quick indicator of possible performance issues in the Monitor Console is the "Thread pool" row. If you see no threads in Waiting state, that could imply that the system is working at its full capacity.

Performance Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro
    That means you have around 530 events/sec injected by your Data Adapter into the Lightstreamer Server. Of course that is NOT a symptom of performance issues.

A quick indicator of possible performance issues in the Monitor Console is the "Thread pool" row. If you see no threads in Waiting state, that could imply that the system is working at its full capacity.
    Thank you, now I understand what is Waiting indicator, but still don't know how to control the Thread Pool (i.e. how does the number of Thread effect the performance?)
    BTW: I would like to know how to prevent the error "LS 120" in the case of an user opens more then one session using the same browser. I even had this error message if the connection is slow.

Administrator
    Some control of the internal thread pool is possible.
    See the <*_pool_*> elements in the Server configuration file for details on the possible effects.
    The forthcoming 3.6 release will feature a better separation of potentially blocking tasks into dedicated thread pools.

Client error 120 is a totally independent matter.
    Please refer to this post, for instance.