Hybrid View

Deployment with IIS on a single server

We have recently downloaded Lightstreamer Moderato and have followed the installation instructions as well as setting up a couple of the demos.

This works fine using lightstreamer, however when we publish the app using IIS the demo page is displayed, but no data. There is an error ( ...ER setDomain The set is inconsistent with the hostname used").The status remains "Waiting for Engine", rather than "Streaming (Master)"

Our instrastructure require that both LightStreamer and IIS reside on the same server. What configuration changes need to occur in order for this requirement to be implemented successfully?

I see in the FAQ that there are notes about having both IIS and LightStreamer on a single server and using port 80. We have configured the conf file to use port 8080 for lightstreamer, but are still having problems. The conf file also has the domain and hostname configured correctly. The FAQ also mentions virtualization. Is this necessasy or can lightstreamer be configured to use a different port than port 80?

Power Member
    Lightstreamer can listen on any port but we advice to use standard ports for two main reasons:
    • this issue with Opera browser
    • you may have some users behind a proxy that are unable to reach non-standard ports.

Btw the problem you're facing is related to the configuration of the demo pages: check the HOW_TO_DEPLOY_ON_YOUR_WEB_SERVER.TXT file under LS_HOME/pages/demos for a solution

Let me know if you have any problem with that.

HTH

For those that want to configure LS and IIS on a single server

This is what I did to get it working, you might only want to set the out on the router, but for now, I set both in and out ...

Install everything as per instructions

1 configure router for 8080 in and out

2 configure router for web port (I chose 7000) in and out

3 Configure IIS default to use chosen web port (remember that this will affect all other websites)

use port when accessing website ...

http://www.yourdomain.com:7000/Stock...sic/index.html

Hope this helps

Administrator
    Sorry for not understanding clearly. Could you please clarify if there are still issues?

That must be because of some installing malfunctions or incorrect installing
    PATRICK