Disable Window Status

Hi,

I have a page which contains an iframe, the iframe will hold the push page. Everytime when I open the page, the status bar shows the message "Lightstreamer is in streaming mode" or message like "Waiting for http://192.168.1.6:8080/lightstreamer/STREAMING_IN_PROGRESS?LS_session=....."

It seems that these messages are from the Lighstreamer server. Is there anyway to the change these messages or disable these status messages? Because I am planning not to display the "Lightstreamer" on the status if I put it on the production server.

Thanks.
    Chuan

Administrator
    For what concerns the URL, you can leverage the setServerUrlPath method.
    On the server side, a similar setting is needed, through the <base_url_path> element in the Server configuration file.

Other messages that you see on the status bar are put there by the default implementation of the onStatusChange callback.
    You can replace or disable the default implementation by following the instructions provided in the callback jsdoc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    For what concerns the URL, you can leverage the setServerUrlPath method.
    On the server side, a similar setting is needed, through the <base_url_path> element in the Server configuration file.

Other messages that you see on the status bar are put there by the default implementation of the onStatusChange callback.
    You can replace or disable the default implementation by following the instructions provided in the callback jsdoc.
    Hi Dario,

Thanks for your reply. I implemented the onStatusChange call back where I assign a different message on any changes to the connection status; but I'm still getting the Lightstreamer status message on IE7/IE8 status bar. Later on I have did some search on the Internet and found that the windows.status is only take effect on IE6 while IE7 and IE8 have been disabled. Firefox doesn't have this issue on any connection status.

Administrator
    Let me summarize. You had 2 cases:

1: "Lightstreamer is in streaming mode"
    2: "Waiting for http://192.168.1.6:8080/lightstreamer/STREAMING_IN_PROGRESS?LS_session=....."

For which we suggested distinct solutions:
    1: onStatusChange
    2: setServerUrlPath

Have you addressed both solutions or only solution 1?
    Are you still facing both issues or only issue 2?

Quote Originally Posted by DarioCrivelli
    Let me summarize. You had 2 cases:

1: "Lightstreamer is in streaming mode"
    2: "Waiting for http://192.168.1.6:8080/lightstreamer/STREAMING_IN_PROGRESS?LS_session=....."

For which we suggested distinct solutions:
    1: onStatusChange
    2: setServerUrlPath
    Hi Dario,

The 1st case can be solve as expected, but in the 2nd case, I added the command lsEngine.connection.setServerUrlPath("/someplaces") and the push page seems couldn't connect to the server. From the documnetation:

Setter method that sets the base URL path to be prepended to all request URLs for Lightstreamer Server. As some request URLs may be displayed on the screen by the browser, customizing the first part of the URL could be desirable. Note that, in order to use a non-default base URL path, the same path must be configured on the Server, through the element. The URL path should start with a '/' character.

Seems that I have to configure the same path "someplaces" on the server. I don't see any ServerUrlPath element in the lightstreamer_conf.xml, maybe I have missed something, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Administrator
    Oooops, our documentation is bugged;
    the element name wasn't quoted properly in the source, so it was stripped by the JSDoc generator.

The reported doc refers to the <base_url_path> element, as I indicated in a previous answer.

Raj

Hi Daril,
    I am new to this.
    I need this information because we need to push the chat to client browser,moreover our site is financial site and if the user sees any kind of these connecting messages in browser, will feel like non secure site.

Can you please explain me in brief what are all the changes to be done at server config file and also at client JS?

Thanks
    Raj

Administrator
    Chuan_chk's problem was about removing the "lightstreamer" name from the status bar.
    Yours seems different, as, if I understand well, you don't want the browser to notify the user that a download activity is in place.

As a streaming connection is indeed in place, the browsers have the right to notify the fact and we don't think it is possible to configure them not to do so (though different browsers offer different options).