LS and adapter are running, but client never gets past CONNECTING

I'm trying to figure out why I can't form a connection in a client page to my local LS server. I was using StockListDemo_Basic as a guide with no luck.
    Here's the client side code - I've replaced the adapter name for privacy reasons.

Administrator
    Have you deployed the static pages on Lightstreamer Server itself
    or on your own Web Server?
    Do you notice any javascript error message?
    Note that your configuration (i.e. domain and hostname not set and port set)
    is not a standard one and may not work on all browser.

It's all on my local dev machine. The situation has changed a bit now, but it's still confusing. I was working on this with another developer on Saturday and I never noticed until there was a change that the console was never showing a status of Lightstreamer Listening. For some reason, when the other developer deleted the adapter folder and recreated it, Lightstreamer suddenly entered a listening state. Does that make sense to you? We'd like to make sure we don't run into the other issue again.

Now my issue is that I'm getting no connection when I view the page in Firefox or Safari. It works in IE8 though. Any ideas why Firefox and Safari might not be working?

Administrator
    Something might have been wrong in the previous Adapters configuration.
    In such a case, the Server initialization could have not completed successfully, for instance, because of a block in the "init" method of an Adapter.
    Hence, the Server behavior may depend entirely on the Adapter behavior.

The second issue can be related with the client configuration, as I warned in the previous post.
    Your page sets a port through
    lsEngine.connection.setLSPort("227");
    From that, I assume that you have a Web Server (or something equivalent) running on the same machine as Lightstreamer Server and that you get the front-end pages from this Web Server.
    May you please confirm the above assumption, first of all?

Yes, it's running on the same server. I figured out the firefox issue - it was an issue with making the domain and host match.

I'm trying to debug another problem now. I'm doing paging through AJAX and recreating a Table object with every paging call but I'm not getting subscriptions for anything but the first page.

This is my code that gets called every time:

// create an OverwriteTable; item and field names will be grabbed from
    // the corresponding HTML divs
    // auctionItems is the new set of items to be added to the list
    var table = new OverwriteTable(null, null, "MERGE");
    table.setRequestedMaxFrequency(1.0);
    table.setPushedHtmlEnabled(true);

table.setDataAdapter("DEFAULT");
    table.setSnapshotRequired(false);
    pushPage.addTable(table, "main");

I noticed in the StockListDemo page the client script is passing a value to the group and schema paramters , where I'm passing null to those every time. Do I need to be passing values for those on each page change?

Thanks!

Administrator
    The null arguments in place of group and schema arguments request Lightstreamer to find the available cells in the page DOM and extract the item and field names from them.
    In order to better understand which names have been found, please show us a snippet of the Server log,
    in which the first and the subsequent subscription requests related to the various calls to "addTable" can be identified.