Formatting RAW data: Necessary?

It seems to me that the data submitted to the adapter has to use the ARI protocol.
    My question is if there is any way to just submit raw data from telnet to the browser?

For example the data received from my asterisk telnet connection is :
    Event: PeerStatus
    Privilege: system,all
    Peer: SIP/6000
    PeerStatus: Registered

I would like to pass that to the browser, by just relaying the output of the asterisk api interface to the lightstreamer proxy data adapter.

I have read the ARI specification and could create the datatype as "Event" and datasegment as "PeerStatus" ... is this the best way?

Administrator
    To clarifiy, you have a telnet server which sends messages to any telnet clients with the format specified in your post.
    Then you have a telnet client which should receive such messages.
    But you need to put Lightstreamer in the middle in order to tunnel this traffic over HTTP.

Is that right?

Hi Allessandro,
    Yes.
    The asterisk server is creating notifications of changes to extensions. I then want the browser (javascript) to receive such notifications so that it can maintain the state of the extensions, such as who is connected to whom.
    I would have a web service running that has simple methods to transfer extensions and start calls, however I want to know in real time when event such as when an extension is answered or disconnected occur. This then allows the browser (javascript) logic to direct the asterisk server to take immediate action using the web service methods.

I am looking at building a lightstreamer data adaptor that has data/metadata telnet connection to my web service back end logic, then when an asterisk event occurs the web service back end would package the telnet event data such that it can be sent to the browser (javascript) via the lightstreamer.

David

Administrator
    David,

So the client is the browser and you are going to use the Lightstreamer Web Client SDK on the client side.

On the server side, you will develop a Data Adapter that is a telnet client, in order to receive data from you Asterisk server, right?
    In this case, you can write the Adapter more easily in Java or .NET, rather than implementing the ARI protocol.

Alessandro, thank you for your advice,
    I am using the http://asterisk-java.org/ to interface to my asterisk server, now I need to just format and present the events to lightstreamer. I will look at implementing the adapter in java using your examples in the sdk_adapter_java
    Thank you for your help

Administrator
    David,

Great, let us know when you succeed with the implementation.

Cheers,

Alessandro