Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Action script

Power Member
    the server is sending only probes, no data at all. Debug step by step your adapter and check that it is sending the data to its listener.

About the client you've two errors now:

you should not change your html to be like this:

leave it as it was before

and you still have the undefined variable stream in your table constructor:

change it as I've shown you on my first post.

Power Member

looks like subscription method isn't even called!! I've put a breakpoint on every single line of the subscription method. Nothing. I get that trace when I activate page in browser but looks like it doesn't subscribe...

Power Member
    did you fix the client page? Paste here a server log.

A subscribe on the data adapter for a certain item is called only when a client subscribes to that item. If the client is broken so that it does not subscribes to your item (as in the previous server log) the subscribe on the data adapter is never called

I did it. Had a smaaaaaaall but very significiant error. My file reader was not reading well. And subscribe name was different. Now it works and sends data.

Well then, now I have another question. I have to make a graph from data I recieve. It must be in realtime. Can I have your recommendation? Maybe store the recieved data in a buffer or something so I can access it and plot a graph? Mentor suggested I use adobe flex for plotting.

Power Member
    Hi,
    you can follow three paths:
    1. Plot a graph with html using our ChartTable (doc), custom code or a third party library
    2. Pass your data through our FlashBridge (doc) to a flash application and create your graph there
    3. Use our Actionscript client (doc) to receive pushed data directly on your flex application.
    HTH

I'm digging through the code but have two questions. My adapter changes data very rapidly. Every 0.01 seconds. Can the client plot that recieved data that fast? And second - can CLIENT create timestamp? Like when transmission began - and in two predefined points. Say 30 sec and 60 sec from beggining?

Power Member
    My adapter changes data very rapidly. Every 0.01 seconds. Can the client plot that recieved data that fast?
    It depends on your machine and on the client technology that you choose. Probably for the best performance you should choose the path #3 (see my previous post)

Note that you need a Vivace server to reach such update frequency: http://www.lightstreamer.com/products.htm

If the update rate is too high for the client you can limit it.
    Be sure to read the General Concepts.pdf file available under LS_HOME/DOCS-SDKs to explore all the possibilities.

can CLIENT create timestamp?
    what do you mean?

ok here's the thing. I'm simulating ECG (electrocardiogram) and I get a set of numbers ranging from -1 to 1. In adapter I send ONLY that value. No timestamp or anything. Value is generated (read from file or outside source) every 0.01 second. I managed to accept the data and I get it. But now I need to plot that line so that we can see how nice our heart beats. The thing is - bandwith is not a problem - since we're using our own servers and network (very powerfull - My college works with Ericsson ) with very high capped bandwith. I got evaluation version of Lightstreamer Vivace. This project I'm working on will be long past done by the time license expires. And when I present the results decision will be made about buying the license.

Anyway I got carried away... I used the source from number 1 in your earlier post and copied the part which uses the graph. Problem is graph recieves two parameters. Timestamp on X axis and price on Y. Y axis is trivial since I just use the value I get but as for X axis I don't have timestamp... And I don't use schema as well. I just get one value so there's no sense in using schema for that. (I changed the range of X axis to 120 seconds since that is the amount of data we have. And Y axis is between -2 and 2 just so we have some breathing space)

p.s. I would use Flex since it looks better but I don't even know where to start with it since I'm a total stranger. I understand a little from your example but that's far from anything usable.