Power Member

Create runnable jar for remote java adapter

I have completed the works in adapter, in my local machine I can run the adapter by using eclipse and can check it in client page. Now I need to move to real server. I have installed the LS server, and now I need to run my remote adapter. How to export runnable jar file from eclipse and how to run the jar file in command mode. Please help anybody. I had refered the below example but I couldn't understand because they given in fully command mode to create jar. I need to create jar from eclipse. https://github.com/Lightstreamer/Lig...a-remote#build

Power Member
    Hi rvkvino,

from your eclipse workspace, simply right click on the remote adapter project and then select "Export->Jar File".

Please let us know if it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gianluca

Power Member
    I exported the jar file from my project as you mentioned. But I need assist to run this jar file. I exported my jar file as LS_quote_feed_simulator.jar
    Last edited by rvkvino; February 23rd, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

Power Member
    Provided that your remote java adapter has all required logic to activate a server process (along with right handling of command line options), you should run the jar in a similar way as already shown int the demo you mentioned:

java -cp ./lib/ls-adapter-remote.jar;./lib/<your_remote_adapter_jar_file>.jar; <your_remote_adapter_main_class> -host localhost -metadata_rrport <metadata_adapter_requet_reply_port> -data_rrport <dataadapter_request_reply_port> -data_notifport <dataadapter_notifyport>

Please let us know.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gianluca

Power Member
    Hi,
    Thanks it is working fine now. Thanks for your fast response and help.

Power Member
    We purchased the Light streamer Evaluation Licence, They have specified the Client ID and given the settings to update in conf/lightstreamer_version_conf.xml. By the instruction i have update the version_conf.xm file. I updated like below details, But still the LS logo appears in the top left corner in my site.To configure the license, edit "conf/lightstreamer_version_conf.xml" and set <type> to LICENSE_SERVER and in the <license_server> section set <client_id> to <My_license_key> (leave the password blank). Then set the <edition> parameter in the <license_server> section to Allegro.

You should also change the <automatic_audit_upload> flag to N, in order to avoid sending to our servers any log files produced by the Lightstreamer instances. Please help to remove the logo.

Power Member
    Hi rvkvino,

please send an email to support@lightstreamer.com.

Thanks and Regards
    Gianluca