Follow these instructions for developing and running an Adapter Set using IntelliJ IDEA
  1. Create a new Java Project
  2. Add the ls-bootstrap.jar and ls-adapter-interface.jar files taken from <lightstreamer_install_dir>/lib to the Dependencies
  3. Develop the custom Adapter Set (see docs)
  4. Create a new folder into <lightstreamer_install_dir>/adapters, for example my_adapter
  5. Create the adapters.xml file into <lightstreamer_install_dir>/adapters/my_adapter folder, in which you specify the class names for your Metadata and Data Adapters (see inline documentation under <lightstreamer_install_dir>/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_adapter_java_inprocess/doc/adapter_conf_template/adapters.xml file)
  6. If the Adapter leans on any external libraries, add them to the project libraries as well (in the final deployment you will have to put them under <lightstreamer_install_dir>/adapters/my_adapter/lib)
  7. From File -> Settings->Appearance & Behaviour->Path Variables, define the new variable LS_HOME with the absolute path of the Lightstreamer Server installation directory (<lightstreamer_install_dir>)
  8. Create a new Java application configuration (from the main menu, select Run->Edit Configurations... ), with the following settings:
    • Main class: com.lightstreamer.LS
    • VM Arguments:
      Code:
      -Xmx2048M
      -ea
      -Dcom.lightstreamer.kernel_lib_path=$LS_HOME$/lib/lightstreamer.jar
      -Dcom.lightstreamer.internal_lib_path="$LS_HOME$/lib/ls-monitor.jar";"$LS_HOME$/lib/core/*";"$LS_HOME$/lib/mpn/*";"$LS_HOME$/lib/mpn/apns/*";"$LS_HOME$/lib/mpn/gcm/*"
      -Dcom.lightstreamer.logging_lib_path="$LS_HOME$/lib/ls-logging-utilities.jar";"$LS_HOME$/lib/log/*"
      -Dcom.lightstreamer.database_lib_path="$LS_HOME$/lib/mpn/hibernate/*";$LS_HOME$/lib/lightstreamer.jar
    • Program Arguments: conf/lightstreamer_conf.xml
    • Working Directory: $LS_HOME

Configure the -Xmx value as per your requirement.
    In addition, pay attention to the path separator, which has to be replaced by ":" in case of unix-like machines.

After that, save the configuration (click on Apply button) and run it to execute the customer
Adapter Set inside the Lightstreamer Server instance. For debugging, simply launch the configuration through the Debug button.