Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you Giuseppe, NOW IT WORKS!
    Switching to 6.0.3, we would not like to adapt our existing Internet pages with the new sintax, it is preferable to leave the ones that worked with the previous version of Lighstreamer. I see that the Javascript code in the pages uses: LScommons.js, LSpushpage.js and misc.js. Should I copy these files to the same folder as the HTML pages? These files are not present in the distribution of Lighstreamer 6.0.3, should I take them from an older distribution?

Thank you! Paolo

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

I can confirm that the files: LScommons.js, LSpushpage.js, and misc.js are not distributed since the new JavaScript Client library does not need them anymore (only the lightstreamer.js is needed).
    And so you should pick them up from your original project.

Please also note that the proper folder where to copy the files depends upon how the script inclusion is declared in your HTML; referring to your original page:

HTML Code:
      <script language="JavaScript" src="LS/lscommons.js"></script>
      <script language="JavaScript" src="LS/lspushpage.js"></script>

<script src="../commons/custom/misc.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The files lscommons and lspushpage are expected in a subfolder LS while the misc file in the relative path "../commons/custom/".

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Still some problems

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi Paolo,

I can confirm that the files: LScommons.js, LSpushpage.js, and misc.js are not distributed since the new JavaScript Client library does not need them anymore (only the lightstreamer.js is needed).
    And so you should pick them up from your original project.

Please also note that the proper folder where to copy the files depends upon how the script inclusion is declared in your HTML; referring to your original page:

HTML Code:
      <script language="JavaScript" src="LS/lscommons.js"></script>
      <script language="JavaScript" src="LS/lspushpage.js"></script>

<script src="../commons/custom/misc.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The files lscommons and lspushpage are expected in a subfolder LS while the misc file in the relative path "../commons/custom/".

Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Dear Giuseppe,

I was abroad several days but now I started again to work on LightStreamer. My colleagues found the js files from old installations (misc.js was in the 4.1 and the others in 5.1.1) and copied them to the right folders.
    Now something is received, but I get a new error that you may see in the included image. It looks like a date/time goes in the field that describes a variable; the error comes out continuously as soon as new data arrive. I am using the same test data that you tried (and still work correctly, I checked again) in the test page (indexN) made with the new javascripts.
    Any suggestions, still trying to implement 6.0.3 without modifying web pages?

Thank you!

Paolo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LSError.png 
Views:	840 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	218  

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

Yes, the error is quite strange it seems that the updated value of a field, a date/time I suppose, ends up in a position that is interpreted as an Item name.

As a rule of thumb newer Lightstreamer servers usually support older clients; this allows our customers to go live in production with the new server version and old clients, and then upgrade the clients at their convenience.
    So, I expect that your old clients should work fine with the 6.0.3 server without any changes.
    Please could you check if the client page used with the new server is exactly the same that the old one? Checking the server log file could you confirm that the application data of the updates are exactly the same between server 5 and server 6?

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Paolo,

Yes, the error is quite strange it seems that the updated value of a field, a date/time I suppose, ends up in a position that is interpreted as an Item name.

As a rule of thumb newer Lightstreamer servers usually support older clients; this allows our customers to go live in production with the new server version and old clients, and then upgrade the clients at their convenience.
    So, I expect that your old clients should work fine with the 6.0.3 server without any changes.
    Please could you check if the client page used with the new server is exactly the same that the old one? Checking the server log file could you confirm that the application data of the updates are exactly the same between server 5 and server 6?

Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Dear Giuseppe,

the Lightstreamer installation is a new 6.0.3, with the only modifications needed to run it (i.e. the Java runtime folder in the LS.BAT file). In the \pages folder I copied the old index.html file (that you have) and the three .js files in the subfolders. I noticed that, in the old working installation, the ..\commons\custom\misc.js file was not present, so I also tried to take it away, but nothing changed. I enclose the log, where the last error is not significant because it occurred when I stopped the data adapter. With the same installation and data adapter, the other test page with the new format (indexN.html) works perfectly.
    Thank you for your suggestions...

Paolo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

Unfortunately in the log file attached there is no evidence of any client session, and this is itself already strange.
    Please could you re-run your page after changing this logger settings (lightstreamer_log_conf.xml):

Code:
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.requests" level="INFO"/>
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.subscriptions" level="DEBUG">
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.pump" level="DEBUG"/>
    Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Paolo,

Unfortunately in the log file attached there is no evidence of any client session, and this is itself already strange.
    Please could you re-run your page after changing this logger settings (lightstreamer_log_conf.xml):

Code:
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.requests" level="INFO"/>
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.subscriptions" level="DEBUG">
    	<logger name="LightstreamerLogger.pump" level="DEBUG"/>
    Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Dear Giuseppe,

I changed the log settings and repeated the test. You may see that the NEW (IndexN.html) page works, all the lines were recorded while I had that page open. Then I closed the page (Unsubscribe event logged) and entered the page written with the OLD code. While I am getting errors in the browser, there is no activity on the Lighstreamer side: there are no lines after the first unsubscribe. I think that there are compatibility problems in the page or in the js files called from it.
    I enclose my simplified \pages folder. To save space, I deleted the two copies of Lightstreamer.js, one was in \pages\ and one was in \pages\Cambi. From the browser I open the page localhost:8080/Cambi/IndexR.html.

Thank you for your help, luckily the problem is not urgent!

Paolo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

I think that the issue is due to the fact that in LS folder some Lightstreamer library files are missing.
    The old version required severals lib files: http://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/di...ient_html/lib/

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Still not working with old pages...

Hi Paolo,

I think that the issue is due to the fact that in LS folder some Lightstreamer library files are missing.
    The old version required severals lib files: http://www.lightstreamer.com/repo/di...ient_html/lib/

Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Dear Giuseppe,
    I am Always at the same point. Now, just to be sure, I copied all the .js files in all folders: the same folder of the page, the LS subfolder and the ..\commons\custom subfolder. The files are:
    lightstreamer.js
    lscommons.js
    lsengine.js
    lspushpage.js
    misc.js.
    Nothing changes, I Always have the same error.
    I asked my customer to send me the complete \pages folder that now works in production with LS version 5.2, and put it in my test machine with LS 6.0.3. I do not get any error, but values are not updated. I noticed that the file lighstreamer.js is not present in the production machine, I think this was not used in old versions.
    I am starting to think that we will have to modify the web pages on our server with the new syntax, what do you think?

Thank you again! Paolo

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

I confirm that the upgrade to the new client library would be the best solution, however, is still valid the fact that the old version should work just fine, without any modification, with a 6.0.x server.

That said, some considerations on your recent efforts:

- in the LS subfolder you should add all the files of the client lib, not only the .js ones, and especially .html also.
    - Yes, I confirm that lightstreamer.js is the file of the new library (since Lightstreamer JavaScript client library 6) in client lib 5 (and earlier) that file is not needed.
    - In the version copied from production, you should check especially the misc.js file pointed by the page, and within that file, code lines like these:

Code:
          lsEngine.connection.setLSHost("http://localhost"); 	// (set the hostname when deploying on WEB SERVER)
          lsEngine.connection.setLSPort("8080"); 			// (set the port when deploying on WEB SERVER)
          lsEngine.connection.setAdapterName("DEMO");	// the name of the Adapter Set
    that allow you to target the right server.

Regards,
    Giuseppe