Hybrid View

Porting VB adapter to Lighstreamer 6.03

Dear all,
    i am porting an old .NET Visual Basic adapter (that worked for years and was ported from Lighstreamer 4 to 5 without problems) to Lighstreamer 6.03. The adapter was made in 2010, based on the PROXY_HELLOWORLD demo, and also the name of the adapter has been kept the same, so I have copied the new version 6 folder PROXY_HELLOWORLD in the \adapters folder. In Visual Studio, I replaced the project reference from "DonNetAdapter_N2" to the new "DotNetAdapter.dll" of 6.03.
    The project has compiled OK with Visual Studio 2015, Lightstreamer starts and waits for the adapter (waiting for a connection on port 6662/6661..) and goes on when the adapter starts (arriving to: "listening to *:8080"). In my adapter, the Init method gets called by Lighstreamer and also SetListener is called. Lighstreamer and adapter seem connected as usual.

The problem is that, when I open the usual Index.html page that worked with the old version, data are not updated. I can see that my Subscribe function is NOT called as it should, when I open the html page.
    If I terminate the adapter, then Lightstreamer gets closed also, meaning that the connection between the two was still alive.
    Any suggestions? Thank you! Paolo

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

It is indeed a strange behavior.
    The server's log file (logs/lightstreamer.log) shows something strange? Could you see the create_session client request? It seems correct?
    Could you send the log file to us (to support@lightstreamer.com) for a check?

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi Paolo,

It is indeed a strange behavior.
    The server's log file (logs/lightstreamer.log) shows something strange? Could you see the create_session client request? It seems correct?
    Could you send the log file to us (to support@lightstreamer.com) for a check?

Regards,
    Giuseppe
    The log does not show anything strange.. I enclose it. I think that the problem is in the browser side. Lighstreamer sends the page and Internet Explorer shows it (from localhost:8080) but no data arrives. I will check if the sample page that I am using is correct, because I am working in a test environment and not in the production one.

Thank you, Paolo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ANYELEC View Post
    The log does not show anything strange.. I enclose it. I think that the problem is in the browser side. Lighstreamer sends the page and Internet Explorer shows it (from localhost:8080) but no data arrives. I will check if the sample page that I am using is correct, because I am working in a test environment and not in the production one.

Thank you, Paolo
    Addition:
    The final error you see in the log was when I stopped the adapter, I think this is normal.

Administrator
    Hi Paolo,

In the log there is no evidence of the create_request request incoming from the client.
    This means, unless you changed the log level for LightstreamerLogger.requests logger, that the client attempts to open the session towards a different endpoint than localhost:8080.

I confirm that you should check the client page code and in particular:

Code:
    var client = new LightstreamerClient(null,"PROXY_HELLOWORLD");
    Regards,
    Giuseppe

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi Paolo,

In the log there is no evidence of the create_request request incoming from the client.
    This means, unless you changed the log level for LightstreamerLogger.requests logger, that the client attempts to open the session towards a different endpoint than localhost:8080.

I confirm that you should check the client page code and in particular:

Code:
    var client = new LightstreamerClient(null,"PROXY_HELLOWORLD");
    Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Thank you Giuseppe.

There is no such line in my index.html file (I enclose a simplified version: it was taken from the old installation).
    I think that calls have changed with the new version.
    By the way: the old version refers to "lscommons.js" and "lspushpage.js": I think they should be files in the Lighstreamer\pages folder, but they are not there.
    Maybe you have a new skeleton for the html file, but I could not find it in your site.

Thanks for your help!

Paolo
    Attached Files Attached Files