LightStreamer integration with web app

Hi,
    I was able to create lightstreamer setup on my local and created hello world adapter, now I want to start using it in real-time. I have tomcat server hosting my web app and now I have light streamer server for real-time data. I will be using it to push notifications for users.
    But I have these two different servers now, how can I communication with my tomcat server to check whether there are new changes available or not.
    I have one way to check it i.e. I will create a web service which will return me new notifications. And at light streamer server side I will be calling this service in run method using HTTP CLIENT API (HTTPGET).
    but I know this won't be optimized solution.
    Or is there another way so that I could bypass my web app.

Thanks,

Administrator
    Hi avinashghodke,

If I understand correctly, you want to know the best way to feed your adapter with updates from the tomcat server.
    Indeed in that case HTTP API is a solution fully feasible.

But please let me stress that whether your tomcat server in turn, retrieves updates from a certain back-end, then you can make sure that the Lightstreamer server directly accesses to the same back-end.
    I confirm that in the adpater you can implement your custom logic with whatever technology is necessary.
    Please check also the section 2.1 "Deployment Architecture" in the Web Client Guide for a tipical deployment scenario.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,
    Thanks for the reply, I would prefer to access DB directly as I will be getting updates from there itself.

Regards,
    Avinash

Administrator
    Hi avinashghodke,

Ok, Then you could take a look at this: http://forums.lightstreamer.com/show...a-Adapter-Java

Regards,
    Giuseppe