Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    Hi Paolo,

Yes, the error is quite strange it seems that the updated value of a field, a date/time I suppose, ends up in a position that is interpreted as an Item name.

As a rule of thumb newer Lightstreamer servers usually support older clients; this allows our customers to go live in production with the new server version and old clients, and then upgrade the clients at their convenience.
    So, I expect that your old clients should work fine with the 6.0.3 server without any changes.
    Please could you check if the client page used with the new server is exactly the same that the old one? Checking the server log file could you confirm that the application data of the updates are exactly the same between server 5 and server 6?

Regards,
    Giuseppe
    Dear Giuseppe,

the Lightstreamer installation is a new 6.0.3, with the only modifications needed to run it (i.e. the Java runtime folder in the LS.BAT file). In the \pages folder I copied the old index.html file (that you have) and the three .js files in the subfolders. I noticed that, in the old working installation, the ..\commons\custom\misc.js file was not present, so I also tried to take it away, but nothing changed. I enclose the log, where the last error is not significant because it occurred when I stopped the data adapter. With the same installation and data adapter, the other test page with the new format (indexN.html) works perfectly.
    Thank you for your suggestions...

Paolo
    Attached Files Attached Files