I am trying to prototype a system for tracking resources. A resource can be anything (car, person, place etc…) I am trying to prototype two use cases.

1. Cab tracking scenario;
    1. Vehicles publishes it's location to server
    2. Server stores the current location in a database for history & other info
    3. Pass the vehicle location coordinates to subscribers fleet owners to visually see their vehicles on a map
    4. Traveler can request a cab to his current location
    5. Traveler can see the location of his cab if it's confirmed (only the assigned cab can be seen by the traveler since vehicles are always publishing it's locations)

1. Location based queries
    1. There are certain data stored in DB with coordinates related to the stored resources (ex:- restaurants)
    2. A user set a rule (ex:- Alert me if there are vegetarian restaurants within 1km of my current location)
    3. As user navigates; current location is passed to server which performs a geo query in database existing data and return data if any matches the rules.

After finding Lightstreamer I feel it's a better fit for this. I am trying to figure out how the data adapters be used for these two user cases. For example;

For fleet tracking; should I create a data adapter per fleet(ex:- cab service 1 & 2)?

How should be the data adapter operate for the 2nd use case?

What is the optimal subscription mode for this kind of use cases (DISTINCT?)