Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power Member
    Hi,

Those variables will be two strings. For this demo those will be space-separated lists of items and fields. By the way the Client doesn't know about this and will interpret them as a group and a schema name (i.e. the Client doesn't know how many items/fields we are subscribing to).
    on the server side the getItems method of MetadataProvider translates the received string in a list of items. In this example we split the string on the space character, but you may use any string as group and translate in as many items as you want on the metadataadapter.

HTH

Sorry, but I didin't understand what you said
    espacially, what did you mean by
    but you may use any string as group and translate in as many items as you want on the adapter
    and, if i choose to make this, will i have to make changes in the adapter, or the metadataadapter ? (because you talked about the two of them)

Power Member
    sorry for saying adapter at the end of my previous post, now it's correct.

What I mean is that it is the getItems method of the metadata adapter (see the MetadataProvider interface) that translates the group name into a list of items.

The LiteralBasedProvider is an implementation of MetadataProvider that splits the group name on the space character and use the results as items.

The FileBasedProvider is an implementation of MetadataProvider that appends ".items" to the group name and searches for a file with that name. It then reads a list of items from that file

So, you can implement your own getItems on your own MetadataProvider implementation with your own logic

hmmm. i did understand what you're saying.
    i think that is difficult for me (because i'm still a novice) to implement my own MetadataProvider, that's why i prefer using the FileBasedProvider, so that the size of my javascript won't be that big.i'll try that, and i hope i will succeed
    thank you again Mone.