Mobile Connections

Does Allegro support Mobile 3G/4G connections ?

Administrator
    Hi NMB,

I confirm that Allegro edition supports any kind of mobile connections (3G,4G, ... ) no special configuration is needed.

But please, consider that Allegro edition supports only JavaScript client library. This means that if your app is an HTML or hybrid application and leverages the JavaScript client library then will work.
    But native apps that leverage the iOS or Android client library does not work with a standard Allegro edition.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Thanks for your reply Giuseppe.

I take it, the mobile connections over 3G/4G should work straight out the box with no configuration?

Administrator
    Yes, it's correct.

Hi giuseppe, I have a 3G/4G mobile for testing but it looks like Allegro doesnt work fine, maybe itīs my mobile, maybe isnt work with some connections. PD: My app is html and JS

Administrator
    Hi manolits,

Please let me stress that if, between the client and the server, there is any working connection then your app JavaScript should work.

In the past we had experience that some mobile telco carriers blocked WebSockets at all. But if WebSockets are not supported, due to any reason, then Lightstreamer automatically tries HTTP Streaming. If even HTTP Streaming does not work (perhaps due to some old-fashioned buffering proxy in the middle), then it switches to HTTP Smart Polling. So finally, in any case the client should always find a way to communicate with the server.

In order to further investigate your issue, we need to undestand where the communication attempt fails.
    Have you any chance to replicate the issue with a test/dev server?
    In this case we can raise the log level for the finest details and check if any client request reach the server and if it is correct. Otherwise we should try to collect the client-side log.

Furthermore, just to give it a try, would you be able to open one of our demo, https://demos.lightstreamer.com, and check if it works with the wrong device/connection pair?

Thank you,
    Giuseppe