Unexpected error in lightstreamer service

Hello,

lightstreamer stopped working on our server, the following error was detected in the lightstreamer service log: lightstreamer log snapshot.txt

restarting the lightstreamer service seems to solve the issue,
    can you assist in determining the cause of the problem and how to prevent from recurring in the future?

Thanks

Administrator
    Hi ogmp,

The snippet of log showed concerns a situation which is already heavily affected by a severe lack of memory.
    In order to try to figure out the origin of the issue, we should check the preceding part of the log, and in particular the lines of LightstreamerMonitorText.
    It must be understood if the trend of the fields "Total heap" and "free heap" is proportional to the load that the server was experiencing at that time or if some external cause, a memory leak, compromises the amount of memory available to the server.

Please could you confirm the Lightstreamer version in use and if you have customized the script launch

Code:
    set JAVA_OPTS=-server -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=1000
    Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe, thank you for the prompt response.

At time of failure free memory in server was greater than 7gb, the extended log: http://www.filedropper.com/lightstreamerlog-full

our monitoring service detected a very steep (seems artificial) increase in active connections to lightstreamer (from ~200 to ~400 ) in a minute.

no change was made to the script, we use the default : set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms512M -Xmx1024M

Lightstreamer version: Lightstreamer Server Allegro-Presto-Vivace version 5.1.1 build 1623.2

Thanks

Administrator
    Hi ogmp,

I'll check the log.

Meanwhile, since your server has a lot of free memory, perhaps you will want to change the -Xmx parameter, which determines the maximum size of the JVM heap, to something higher (-Xmx3072M or -Xmx4096M).

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Administrator
    Hi ogmp,

I am very sorry, I have tried to download the complete log today, but the file seems not longer available.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

uploaded the log to a different file hosting service:

http://www.megafileupload.com/120r/Lightstreamer_log_-_full_.rar

Administrator
    Hi ogmp,

I confirm that I was able to download the log. However I could not get any usefull information about the issue.
    In fact in the log is completely absent the "LightstreamerMonitorText" logger.
    Please could you confirm that you have specifically changed the settings in the file "lightstreamer_log_conf.xml" to avoid this logger? Or you have redirected it somewhere else?

Please note that the information that can be retrieved from the internal monitor are very important for the investigations of a problem that happened to the server.

I recommend for the future to set "TRACE" level:
    Code:
    <logger name="LightstreamerMonitorText" level="TRACE">
    Regards,
    Giuseppe