Hi,

I am using Lightstreamer Moderato in Command Mode as a server for a search engine that typically returns thousands of records per search. To get the information to the client's browser, we are sending thousands of ADD commands in each client session. The adapter generates the commands very quickly, but the transfer takes several minutes with an outbound throughput of only ~50 kilobytes per second and 100% CPU usage on a single core.

I tried a number of parameter mods to improve performance, such as increasing the max_buffer_size and sendbuf parameters (which were also causing problems) but the throughput is still only 50 KB/s. I debugged the server with VisualVM and found that the Pump Pool threads seem to be the source of the bottleneck. The server is creating a Pump Pool thread for each CPU core, but only one thread is active at a time and that thread uses 100% CPU. The obfuscated names of the methods that are consuming the CPU are com.lightstreamer.g.b.b.a and com.lightstreamer.o.b.g.j We are using Lightstreamer 6 but the same problem occurs with previous versions.

Can you suggest a fix for this?

Thanks very much,
Paul