Hybrid View

Deployment on edge of network

In order to overcome an issue we were experiencing regarding webSockets, we are going to move our Lightstreamer deployment up a physical level between our internal application servers and the internet. Note that the webSocket issue is internal and not related to Lightstreamer itself.

We had previously deployed Lightstreamer behind a reverse proxy running IIS, which worked great, minus the webSocket issue. We are now attempting to install Lightstreamer straight on to the reverse proxy machine directly. The issue we are currently running into is that we had to remove IIS (due to both IIS and Lightstreamer listening to port 443) which is removing our ability to serve HTML pages (such as pages/monitor/index.html).

Anyone with information regarding this type of deployment would be greatly appreciated!!

Power Member
    Hi,

if your requirement is to have both the web server and Lightstreamer server instances listening on the same TCP/IP Port, you could have a look here, where we discussed about this topic.

Please let us know if that information is enough for your scenario.

Regards,
    Gianluca

Thank you for your response.
    To close the loop, this ended up being an issue with inbound firewall rules on the server. When we removed IIS it removed the inbound rule for 80/443. The dead giveaway was that we could navigate to https://localhost:443/monitor and the monitor displayed properly.

Additionally (and this was news to me), I had copied down a directory from the demos which (I thought) contained the monitor. This was causing issues by having the same name as the internal monitor. I simply deleted the directory and all was well with the internal web server.

Thanks again.

Power Member
    Glad to hear you were able to find a workaround for such issue.

Regards,
    Gianluca