problem with many clients and subscribes

hi,

i have three adapters say x,y and z.
    each adapter make some calculations and push the result to the lightstreamer.
    from the client side, each client do many concurrent subscribes to lightstreamer items.

the result at the client : data that come from the adapter (z) received late but that comes from the other adapters received without late.
    but when the adapter (y) is disconnected from the lightstreamer, the data come from the adapter (z) without late.

what may cause that?

Administrator
    Hi engcoder,

I can not figure out a reason, internal at the Lightstreamer server, that can explain this strange behavior.
    Please, could you rule out that there are differences in subscription procedures on the client side? Maybe different subscription mode or a different maximum update frequency requested?

Anyway, the best way to further investigate this kind of issue is to raise the log level for these loggers (lightstreamer_log_conf.xml):

Please note that the size of the log file could grow significantly and that you can change log level without restart the server.
    An analysis of the produced log, could give us some tips on where delays are accumulated.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

i will send you the logs tomorrow when the conf. file changed and log registered.

i want to tell you some info that may help in figure out the problem :
    * my adapters are .net windows applications.
    * the (y) and (z) adapters make its calculations depending on the updates from adapter (x) by
    first doing a subscribes (some of mode merge and some of mode command) from items of the adapter x, then make the calculations on the coming updates and push the calculated to the LS.
    * the calculations on the adapters made on the onupdate() method. the adapter (z) has many calculations.
    * the clients may do a many concurrent subscribes of diffrenet modes.

this is the link of the log file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/lb...htstreamer.rar

Administrator
    Hi engcoder,

Thanks for the log. In fact this is very large and after a first check I have not encountered evident abnormalities.
    I think I have identified the three Adapters and some sample surveys showed no delays.

Please, could you help me to identify a limited period of time in which there is the issue? Or tell me the hours when due to delays you have closed the Adapter (y)?

Can you confirm that the adapters (y) and (z) are completely independent from one another? Are they separated Windows applications? Are they running on different machines?

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

thanks for your efforts

* the time of the delay occurred when the three adapters worked together. and not in some hours.
    * the adapter
    s (y) and (z) are completely independent. they are separated Windows applications and running on the same machine.
    * the adapters
    (y) and (z) depends on the adapter (x). that they subscribe to items from the adapter (x) then make some calculations then push the data to LS.

Administrator
    Hi engcoder,

I'm sorry but even after new checks I could not track down the delays. I examined some cases where 3 Adapters regularly update the server.
    For example, at 12:08:02 and 12:52:02 Adapters identified as "#2 Notify Receiver" and "#3 Notify Receiver " seem to react to updates from "#4 Notify Receiver " but everything happens within milliseconds.

I'm not sure if my interpretation of the relationship between the Adapters is correct; but if you know a specific time in which there have been delays, please, could you show us it?

Furthermore, have you already ruled out that the delays can depend on slowness of Adapters? For example in the case of high activity could the calculations performed to cause a crisis of cpu on the machine?

Regards,
    Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

i want to inform you that we were test the working of the adapters when only a bout 5 users connected to LS. and the LS was configured to listen to port 8080.
    but the delays begin to appear when we configured the LS to listen to port 80. and the No. of users connected now a bout 100.

is the increasing of the users or the new port (80) may cause the delay?

* another thing, i made a subscribe of the date and time from adapter (z) and it sometimes shows a delay about 10 to 20 seconds.
    and the delay not occurs in a defined hour but it occurs a long the session.

* this is the link of the adapters source code (y) and (z) you can check it
    https://www.mediafire.com/?cjpj7q8pw81zhmj

Administrator
    Hi engcoder,

A deeper analysis of your issue can be done through direct communication with the support team. Please get in touch with support@lightstreamer.com if you have a valid support contract in place.

Thanks,
    Alessandro