.Net Stocklist demo deployment

Hi, I am new to lightstreamer and have some issue when testing the .Net version of Stock list demo.

I see a few places I need to make changes but not quite sure what I do is correct:

1. In adaptor.xml
    <adapters_conf id="STOCKLISTDEMO_REMOTE">.
    This needs to be the same in client
    var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(hostToUse,"STOCKLISTDEMO_REMOT E");

2. In adaptor.xml
    <data_provider name="QUOTE_ADAPTER">
    finds its mapping in client
    stockSubscription.setDataAdapter("QUOTE_ADAPTER");

3. in client
    lsClient.connectionSharing.enableSharing("RemoteSt ockListConnection", "ATTACH", "CREATE");
    Does "RemoteStockListConnection" needs to correspond to something in somewhere else?

4. I put the adaptor/feed in one project and the launcher in another but them in one solution. Then I find many files in the debug folder as a result of building from sources. It looks like these files are similar to those in the deployment folder. I think the bat file is added later.

in the custom bat file the command:
    start "StockListDemoRemoteAdapters" /MIN DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2 /host localhost /data_rrport 6661 /data_notifport 6662 /metadata_rrport 6663 max_bandwidth=40 max_frequency=3 buffer_size=30

What does "StockListDemoRemoteAdapters" correspond to?
    Does "DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2" mean "DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2.exe"?

Then
    I put move the stocklist_socket folder under deployment_LS into lightstreamer/adaptor
    made changes in the client as above, and start the custom launcher bat then the lightstreamer server bat

Other than what I listed above, anything else I need to make changes to make it work?

Thanks

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fimmu View Post
    Hi, I am new to lightstreamer and have some issue when testing the .Net version of Stock list demo.
    Hi fimmu

I see a few places I need to make changes but not quite sure what I do is correct:

1. In adaptor.xml
    <adapters_conf id="STOCKLISTDEMO_REMOTE">.
    This needs to be the same in client
    var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(hostToUse,"STOCKLISTDEMO_REMOT E");
    Right (please note that the correct file name is "adapters.xml").

2. In adaptor.xml
    <data_provider name="QUOTE_ADAPTER">
    finds its mapping in client
    stockSubscription.setDataAdapter("QUOTE_ADAPTER");
    Right.

3. in client
    lsClient.connectionSharing.enableSharing("RemoteSt ockListConnection", "ATTACH", "CREATE");
    Does "RemoteStockListConnection" needs to correspond to something in somewhere else?
    That's correct. "RemoteStockListConnection" is just a unique name in the client application, used to make different LightStreamerClient instances share the same connection, and not related to any particular configuration. You can find more details here.

4. I put the adaptor/feed in one project and the launcher in another but them in one solution. Then I find many files in the debug folder as a result of building from sources. It looks like these files are similar to those in the deployment folder. I think the bat file is added later.

in the custom bat file the command:
    start "StockListDemoRemoteAdapters" /MIN DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2 /host localhost /data_rrport 6661 /data_notifport 6662 /metadata_rrport 6663 max_bandwidth=40 max_frequency=3 buffer_size=30

What does "StockListDemoRemoteAdapters" correspond to?
    Does "DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2" mean "DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2.exe"?
    "StockListDemoRemoteAdapters" is just a parameter for the "start" command to specify the window title.
    "DotNetStockListDemoLauncher_N2" means exactly what you said, the executable file name.

Then
    I put move the stocklist_socket folder under deployment_LS into lightstreamer/adaptor
    made changes in the client as above, and start the custom launcher bat then the lightstreamer server bat

Other than what I listed above, anything else I need to make changes to make it work?

Thanks
    Could you please describe with more details the issues you are facing with this demo? What is going wrong exactly?
    You can also find further information looking at this document, as well at the GitHub repository for the adapter demo.

Regards,
    Gianluca
    Last edited by gianluca.finocchiaro; December 28th, 2014 at 06:19 PM.