Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks a lot Gialunca. I found out the issue was a bug in my own code that generated the tokens for the request. really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by femi; October 5th, 2019 at 02:07 AM.

Power Member
    Hi femi,

thank you for this feedback.

Hi Gialunca,

I had an application running this morning, and i noticed that occasionally, the lightstreamer server "Freezes" i.e stops sending back messages, causing a TimeoutError. I can attempt to automatically reconnect back to the server in such cases, but i wanted to get your thoughts, if there is already a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Femi

Power Member
    Hi Femi,

I confirm that the demo currently does not provide any reconnection mechanism. Therefore, for the moment you should extend the demo with automatic retries.

Regards,
    Gianluca

I wonder if someone can answer a very simple and very early question for me, before I start re-learning my forgotten coding skills. I can see that people are somehow using python to connect to IG. I notice that lightstreamer doesn't seem to have a linux version, so I'm wondering if the python is running on linux. I really can't face windows.

Administrator
    Server-side Lightstreamer can work on both Linux and Windows systems, and in any other system for which a jvm implementation is available.

On the client-side, we have several client libraries specific to various systems and technologies.
    While for Python I confirm that it is available for different OS, including Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe.corti View Post
    On the client-side, we have several client libraries specific to various systems and technologies.
    While for Python I confirm that it is available for different OS, including Linux.
    Oh? I'm confused, I must have missed it. If there is a .deb that I can install, or if it's in a repository, could you please post a link? My intention is to use python on a linux mint system to connect to IG, who seem to require lightstreamer for streaming data.

Administrator
    For the Python language, we do not have an official client library, but you can refer to this project on GitHub, as a starting point for your client-side developments:
    https://github.com/Lightstreamer/Lig...-client-python

Hope that helps.
    Giuseppe

Yes, thank you. But this implies that you have an official client library for, perhaps, C/C++? Where's that?

Administrator
    There are several client libraries available for various technologies: Javascript (Web and NodeJS), JVM (Java Se, Android), Apple (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS), .NET (.NET PCL, Unity).
    You can find them by looking inside our distribution (https://lightstreamer.com/download/#ls71).
    But to find out which of these and which versions are supported by IG, you should check their streaming API page.