Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gianluca.finocchiaro View Post

Code:
    {'values': {'OPU':u'{"stopLevel":1.74014,"trailingStopDistance":0,"limitLevel":null,"trailingStep":0,"currency":"CAD","expiry":"-","guaranteedStop":false,"dealIdOrigin":"DIAAAABBHRQJLBA","direction":"SELL","epic":"CS.D.GBPCAD.MINI.IP","dealId":"DIAAAABBHRQJLBA","dealReference":"GCMJXRBVSFD44TD","level":1.73414,"status":"OPEN","size":1,"channel":"PublicRestOC","timestamp":"2017-05-26T07:23:21.000","dealStatus":"ACCEPTED"}', 'pos': 1, 'name': 'TRADE:MCMVD'}
    where the value associated with the 'OPU' key is a json string to be processed by your custom logic.
    I've just fixed the client on our github repository.

Please let me know wheter it helps.

Thanks and Regards.
    Gianluca
    This works like the magic for me as well. Thank you!

Power Member
    Hi Majestrooo,

we need the log files produced by your Lightstreamer Server installation, under <ls_home>/logs.

Thanks
    Gianluca

Quote Originally Posted by gianluca.finocchiaro View Post
    Hi Majestrooo,

we need the log files produced by your Lightstreamer Server installation, under <ls_home>/logs.

Thanks
    Gianluca
    Hi Gianluca

I'm afraid I don't have those, I'm only using the client towards IG.

Power Member
    Ok,

it was not clear to me that you were testing against IG. In this case, we can only inspect your client log files, provided that you have configured logging at DEBUG level.

Please send files to support@lightstreamer.com.

Thanks
    Gianluca

solved?

Quote Originally Posted by epep View Post
    You're right !

It seems that IG changed something about the persistence of authentication tokens, my script get stuck trying to reconnect with invalid password … I need more intelligence here. I'll let you know as soon as I have done something good.

Hi guys, did you work this issue out? I am getting a SYNC ERROR and would like to re-bind the session but then an IOERROR() is raised on the rebind.
    Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Hi,
    I'm having trouble maintaining the streaming connection with IG as well.
    It cuts automatically after roughly an hour or so, and I don't know how to test if the connection is active or not.
    Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Power Member
    Hi Mickael,

could you please send us the client side log snippet that puts in evidence the cut?

Thanks, Gianluca

Hi,

I am trying to connect to IG streaming api with lightstreamer with Python. I am using the the light streamer stock list demo implementation on Github with the parameters modified for IG index. I appear to be getting a server error, When i use the same details on IG streaming companion, i was able to connect to the server successfully, which makes me suspect that this is not a server issue.

see my debug logs below

urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - Starting new HTTPS connection (1): demo-api.ig.com
    urllib3.connectionpool - DEBUG - https://demo-api.ig.com:443 "POST /gateway/deal/session HTTP/1.1" 200 359

root - DEBUG - Opening a new session to <https://demo-apd.marketdatasystems.com>

root - DEBUG - Making a request to <https://demo-apd.marketdatasystems.com/lightstreamer/create_session.txt> with body <b'LS_op2=create&LS_cid=mgQkwtwdysogQz2BJ4Ji+kOj2B g&LS_user=*****&LS_password=CST-*****XST-*****'>
    root - ERROR - -2

Server response error:
    %sA system error occurred.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Power Member
    Hi Femi,

consider that the Python demo is just an example of how to implement the Network Protocol, so it is possible that some corner case has not been taken into consideration.

Anyway, we'll be going into a debug session to check what goes wrong when connecting with IG and get back to you with more information.

Thanks,
    Gianluca

Power Member
    Thank you very much Femi for your cooperation in analyzing this issue.

After having fixed a bug in the demo source code on a logging instruction, and tried to establish a session with IG by using similar JavaScript code, we have concluded that something unexpected is happing to your account.

In fact, the negative code error sent back by the server (-2) indicates that the specific Metadata Adapter implementation has refused the user connection, as you can see from the documentation.

Please let us know if your issue will be resolved.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gianluca