Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

log file analysis

Dears,
    i got a lot of messages like this one :
    20-Aug-14 15:29:56,277|WARN |LightstreamerLogger.preprocessor |#1 Notify Receiver |Unexpected UPDATE event for key 196-o0-5. Event propagated as an ADD command.

&

20-Aug-14 15:35:07,614|ERROR|rs.remote.data.RemoteDataProvid er|Timer-4 |Exception caught while unsubscribing from item 'oa40': Timeout while waiting for an answer to request 86300000147f236221e

&

20-Aug-14 15:35:07,616|WARN |emote.request_reply.RequestSender|#1 Reply Receiver |Reply to request 80600000147f236221e received too late

&

20-Aug-14 00:36:57,297|INFO |LightstreamerLogger.requests |FOR PUMPS PARKING DESTROYER|Closed session Sb1a5abb090445c5dT1324154 with internal cause code: 38 (Interrupted).

and please need to check that everything is OK and help me to solve all problems if found,
    you can download the log file from here :
    https://www.mediafire.com/?o9z3cqvpr9un39v
    Regards,

Waiting your reply,
    Regards,

Power Member
    Code:
    20-Aug-14 15:29:56,277|WARN |LightstreamerLogger.preprocessor |#1 Notify Receiver |Unexpected UPDATE event for key 196-o0-5. Event propagated as an ADD command.
    The first update for a new key in a COMMAND subscription is expected to carry the ADD value on the command field. In this case the first update was issued as an UPDATE command: with this log line the server is notifying you that something might be wrong in your code and that it corrected the value.

Code:
    20-Aug-14 15:35:07,614|ERROR|rs.remote.data.RemoteDataProvid er|Timer-4 |Exception caught while unsubscribing from item 'oa40': Timeout while waiting for an answer to request 86300000147f236221e

and
    Code:
    20-Aug-14 15:35:07,616|WARN |emote.request_reply.RequestSender|#1 Reply Receiver |Reply to request 80600000147f236221e received too late

are related to the same issue: the remote adapter was too slow in answering to the server
    This is the same issue you discussed with Giuseppe here.
    From his post:
    Please could you confirm if your unsubscribe method implementation is particularly heavy and, maybe, it requires calls to external components? Please note that in a case such your, with Remote adapters and several hundreds of calls involved, just only a processing time of few tenths of a second may result in significant delays.

Since one of our suspicions is that the server remains for a long time waiting for answers from the Metadata Adapter, a first possibility of change in the Lightstreamer server configuration, in order to mitigate the issue, is to increase the size of the SERVER thread pool.
    A first suggestion would be to raise it to 100. Please refer to <server_pool_max_size> parameter in "lightstreamer_conf.xml" configuration file.

Code:
    20-Aug-14 00:36:57,297|INFO |LightstreamerLogger.requests |FOR PUMPS PARKING DESTROYER|Closed session Sb1a5abb090445c5dT1324154 with internal cause code: 38 (Interrupted).

This means that the socket of the specified session was closed.
    This might be a problem with the network or simply a client closing down.

Thanks for your reply,
    now i have this in my monitor and i wondering about the total and free heap is it related to current session and connections , and if so what i have to do if i am expecting sessions u to 2000 users

Total Heap Free Heap
    Memory (Bytes) 271,581,184 33,808,872

Total Streaming Mode Smart-Polling Mode Max
    Sessions
    28 28 0 28

Total Max
    Connections
    28 35

Subscribed Items Throughput (updates/s) Total Received Updates
    Inbound 382 52.47 819,407

Throughput (updates/s) Throughput (kbit/s) Total Sent Bytes Total Sent Updates Total Lost Updates
    Outbound 282.36 204.32 145,527,666 2,823,790 0

Throughput (messages/s) Throughput (kbit/s) Total Processed Bytes Total Handled Messages
    Client Messages 0 0 0 0

Size Active Available Queued Tasks
    Thread Pool 38 0 38 0
    Total JVM Threads 101

Administrator
    The free heap as reported by the Monitor is the current sample of the available heap, as determined by the JVM.
    However, this value does not include all that part of the heap that is already eligible for the garbage collection.
    Hence, the free heap figure is significant only after a garbage collection has just taken place.
    You can infer this amount only after comparing many subsequent samples. Assuming basic GC settings, you should see the free heap value decrease regularly, then increase sharply after a GC.
    Obviously, for better statistics, you can leverage the JVM's own GC reports.

After determining the "real" free heap and the "real" used heap, consider that the static memory footprint of the active sessions is only part of the used heap.
    In your scenario, since the sessions are just a few, their footprint may be a small part of the used heap and you may find out that there is room for 2000 sessions without enlarging the total heap.
    But we cannot help you estimate the exact footprint of a session, because it also depends on the involved subscriptions and the involved data flow.
    Obviously, apart from the static memory footprint, each session causes usage of short-lived memory because of the data delivery. Even though this memory is garbage collected, it may deserve a significant slice of the heap for best performance.

Dears,
    now i am expecting about 2000 concurrent users from tomorrow, theoretically how many the engine can handle ? , and each user connected the speed for subscribed data get slower , what should i check or handle to be ensure about the engine working perfectly Regards,

Power Member
    now i am expecting about 2000 concurrent users from tomorrow, theoretically how many the engine can handle ?
    The total throughput is much more important than the number of connected users to estimate the expected performances. Obviously also the hardware in use plays a role.
    Running a load test should clear any doubt beforehand

and each user connected the speed for subscribed data get slower , what should i check or handle to be ensure about the engine working perfectly

It depends on where the delay is forming.
    For starters it is important to know how the client behave: how many items are available, how many items does a client subscribe, how many items are shared across clients and how do they intersect.
    Then any slowdown in the adapter should be ruled out.
    The default Lightstreamer server (and remote adapter) configuration is usually good for most cases, anyway both configuration files are well documented: you might want to read the various configuration descriptions to see if there is some suggestion that applies to your case.
    At last it is possible to configure the server log to print the moment an update is received by the server kernel and the moment the update is sent to the client.

Dears,
    today the lightstreamer at the end of the session stopped working so i had to restart it which caused me a lot of troubles
    the log file in this download link :
    https://www.mediafire.com/?37qjf8m61rc61b0

and it's my first time to see those messages :

25-Aug-14 15:29:08,296|WARN |LightstreamerLogger.scheduler |Timer-1 |Current delay for tasks scheduled on thread pool SNAPSHOT is 35 seconds.

25-Aug-14 15:29:08,296|WARN |LightstreamerLogger.scheduler |Timer-1 |If the delay issue persists, taking a JVM full thread dump may be the best way to investigate the issue.

25-Aug-14 15:29:17,080|WARN |LightstreamerLogger.scheduler |Timer-1 |If the delay issue persists, taking a JVM full thread dump may be the best way to investigate the issue.

the server running the lightstreamer is xeon x5660 2.8 4 cores , 16.0 GB RAM ,
    how i can allow max heap,Threads and throughput.

Regards,
    Last edited by ahmedsmart4tech; August 26th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

I appreciate your effort with us , waiting your reply,

Power Member
    sorry, got no time, I'll check the log as soon as possible