[NOTE 03-01-2010: With the official release of the Lightstreamer Silverlight Client library as part of the Lightstreamer distributions, this thread is now closed and the download links in this posts have been removed]
I'm happy to announce that we are starting today a public beta-test program for the Lightstreamer Silverlight Client library.
An online demo is available for direct testing (follow the link, wait for the "Lightstreamer is pushing..." message to appear, then click the "Subscribe" button).
Feel free to download the Beta Silverlight SDK from the link below, then please report back to this thread any comments you may have.
- The Lightstreamer Server update to v.3.5.1 build 1436, available from the link below.
- A recent Lightstreamer Server Presto/Vivace distribution.
- Any Lightstreamer Server license compatible with the Presto or Vivace editions.
- Any Silverlight 2 development tools.
Lightstreamer Server update to v.3.5.1 build 1436
Legal Disclaimer: By clicking on the link below you understand and accept that the Silverlight SDK for Lightstreamer is a "beta" release, is provided AS IS, and is not yet covered by any of the warranties contained in any license agreement you may have in place with Lightstreamer.
Lightstreamer Silverlight SDK v.1.0.3391.21925 beta 2
- Copy lightstreamer.jar to the lib folder of your Lightstreamer installation, overwriting the existing file.
- Copy the <silverlight_accesspolicy_enabled> and <silverlight_accesspolicy_path> elements from the new lightstreamer_conf.xml file to your existing conf/lightstreamer_conf.xml file.
- Follow the README.TXT files included in the Silverlight SDK.
- The Silverlight client library for Lightstreamer implements the "Stream-Sense" feature, which allows the client to automatically switch from streaming mode to smart-polling mode whenever some anti-virus software is blocking the streaming connections.