seat reservation chart

Hi,

I have read about Lighstreamer at various blogs and sites and think will be best suitable for the web-application we are trying to develop, but not sure. Can someone please clarify if Lighstreamer with .NET integration can help us achieve our below goal?

The application is basically a seat reservation chart for local luxury bus operator having around 50 buses. He has agents spread across all over city who book seats currently by phone and only operator has access to a desktop application made in VB for reserving seats.

Proposed application is centralized web-based in ASP.NET\MS-SQL where all the agents and operator should be able to check the seat availability status in real-time and also the chart must get updated in real-time as and when multiple agents book seats on the same chart.

I have following doubts...
    1. Can multiple agents be notified instantly when a particular agent reserves a particular seat on route a-b?
    2. Can this be done for multiple routes accessed by different multiple agents at same time? e.g agent A updates chart of route A
    agent B updates chart of route A
    agent A can see instantly seat reserved by agent B
    agent B can see instantly seat reserved by agent A
    agent C updates chart of route B
    agent D updates chart of route B
    agent C can see instantly seat reserved by agent D
    agent D can see instantly seat reserved by agent C
    All are accessing different route tables in the same database simultaneously.

Can all this be done using LightStreamer??

Thanks
    Tanmay.

Power Member
    Yes of course!

Take a look at the interaction demo (http://app.lightstreamer.com/InteractionDemo/)
    Open it in two different browsers (maybe on 2 different PCs) and start typing. You will see how characters typed on browser A are immediatly pushed to browser B.

Mone.

Hey Mone,

Thanks for the link..but are these messages stored in a database and then retrieved or they are streamed directly without any database in picture??

Can lightstreamer server run on an windows 2003 box or is compatible with only *nix OSes?

Regards
    Tanmay.

Administrator
    Hi Tanmay

Lightstreamer does not include database services, but only helps you sending data to web pages without the need to reload the pages. This means that you need to code a Data Adapter that can access to your database and receives notifications from the database whenever data in your database changes.
    The Interaction Demo case is so simple that the servlet (running on Tomcat) which receives the user input is also used to keep the data state. Notifications for data changes are then sent by the servlet to Lightstreamer Adapter through JMS.

For the complete set of system requirements I just redirect you to this page

Dario

Hi,

Thanks a lot guys for helping me with understanding the product better.

With such a superior product its bound to be expensive, lets see if my client can afford to purchase it.

Thanks once again,
    Best Regards
    Tanmay.