I am using .Net to develope a messaging system that will be fed data from an SQL database using Lightstreamer. The database table will be checked periodically (interval still to be agreed) for messages that have not already been read. This data will be passed to the data adapter and pushed to the clients accordingly. This will be web-based and users have the option to view just new messages as they are received or can select a different time period. i.e. messages from the last 1, 2, 4 hours etc.

I need to understand how to pass the selected time period via Lighstreamer to retrieve the relevant messages. Also, the messages are only for a particular user and I need to understand how to 'connect' the data adapter and the meta data adapter so the messages are only seen by the expected recipient.

The only .Net demo with code is the stock list but this is pushing the same data to all clients. I need to see how to push different data to different clients. Do you have any .Net sample code for this?

I hope someone has used LIghtstreamer in a simple way and can provide some guidance or sample code.